Retaining Large Amounts of Fluid After Breast Reduction

I had a breast reduction but I am retaining around 50 lbs of water. Any suggestions? The surgeon has drained the breasts and stomach area 3 times already and it keeps coming back. Please help!!!

Seroma after Breast Reduction?

+1

It sounds like you have experienced a seroma after breast reduction surgery;  often, several aspirations are necessary before it resolves. Rarely, placement of a drain may become necessary. Even more rarely, surgical excision of a "bursa"  is indicated.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Reduction mammaplasty and 50 lb fluid accumulation

+1

If you are retaining 50 lbs of water (that is nearly 20 liters) of fluid, I would be concerned about a medical condition such as congestive heart failure. I have never heard about this much fluid accumulation folling breast reduction.

Fluid collection of breasts

+1

I am sure youare exagerating but it sound slike you have a seroma. If that is the case, often serial aspirations will do the trick.