Breast Reduction Remove As Much Tissue As Possible? 18 Years Old, 5'3" ~130 Lbs 30G Bra.

I have always felt my breasts are a burden. They attract unwanted attention and get in the way of arm movement and exercise as I am athletic and do yoga. I am miserable and have low self esteem, everyday I am reminded of why I hate my breasts. I find my self hunching to try to hide them, my small frame has trouble supporting them. My breasts feel tender and I have painful dents in my shoulders. In perfect world I would be an A cup and never need wear a bra. Whats the smallest size I can achieve?

Breast Reduction

+2

You can achieve any size you desire with a breast reduction. I would recommend, based on your height and weight, that you request a B cup.

Key West Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

Sorry to hear what you’re going through. If you’re a G cup right now it would not be recommended to go as small as an A cup that would be to dramatic for you. You can get a nice small C cup to be proportioned with your body. Without an exam it’s hard to be more accurate. You need to have a consultation with a PS to help give your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction at age of 18?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the physical and psychosocial problems your disproportionately large breasts are causing you. 
It is probable that you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

I would suggest that you learn as much as possible  about  breast reduction surgery and the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Hopefully you have the support of your parents as you do your homework.

Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

It is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.

Breast reduction from G cup to B cup

+2

Thank you for the question. Breast reduction surgery will help you with all your symptoms both physical and will improve your self esteem. The question of what cup size you can get is usually addressed during a consultation. During the consultation your breast measurements and type of surgery will be determined and your plastic surgeon will determine how much breast tissue can be removed. Best wishes. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast reduction

+2

An exam is always key but an "A" cup from a "G" would require a mastectomy.  Ideally with such large breasts, a large "C" or small "D" probably would be more likely.

Breast size after reduction

+2

You certainly sound like someone who could greatly benefit from breast reduction surgery.  As a surgeon, it is difficult to promise a cup size as most people end up falling into a range of bras that work.  Bra manufacturers are not all equivalent.  We can typically promise a significant change that improves on your symptoms significantly.  We want to perform a safe surgery that preserves a functional and aesthetic breast.  Most large breasts are wide and it is difficult to create a truly low volume and small breast with that base without sacrificing the appeal and projection of the breast.  Plus, we want to leave our patients with breasts that look well proportioned with their overall body.  In general, I rarely create a breast that is smaller than a C cup for all of these reasons, but the best answer to your question will be achieved with a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck to you! 

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Breast reduction size?

+2

Sorry to hear about discomfort that you are experiencing.  Based on your description, it appears that you do have some of the symptoms that many women with large breasts experience.  I would suggest that you discuss these symptoms with a board certified plastic surgeon so that he or she can discuss options with you including breast reduction surgery.

It is difficult to predict what cup size you will be after a breast reduction.  The goals of a breast reduction surgery are to remove enough breast tissue so that your symptoms are alleviated but leave enough tissue behind so that you have a healthy blood supple for the nipple and also have an aesthetic and proportional breast.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon