Breast Reduction Recovery. What Can I Do To Speed it Up, and Go Back To Yoga/Spinning?

I am 5 weeks post op from reduction/lift. They are high and perky, just not that much smaller. Was 32G, must be 32C!!! My 32 E bra is fitting, but loose. My doctor IS the best, but in high demand in this town. I see him in 3 weeks. Doing all I should perfectly (mostly). Quit casual smoking on New Years Eve, make amazing vegi/fruit protein shakes every morning. What else can i do to help the reduction/swelling? help, getting depressed!!! Lastly, when can I return to yoga and spinning?

Recovery Time for Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Congratulations on your surgery.  I have found that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing surgeries I perform.

I would highly recommend that you call your surgeon's office and/or go in for a visit to see what he/she recommends in regards to exercising.  Each patient is different with how they heal and you don't want to start something too soon and cause problems.

Breast reduction and yoga

+1

You should ask your surgeon when you can go back to yoga, but I usually let my patients go back after about 3-4 weeks provided that they have healed nicely.

Takes time to heal

+1

I agree you can't hurry the healing process.  Be patient.  Follow up with your surgeon and ask about when you can start to exercise and be specific about what you would like to get back to.

Louise Ferland, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery

+1
You know the old song, "You can't hurry love, you just have to wait"? Same for surgical recovery1 It will take time. You're doing fine and the residual swelling will take time to go down. In terms of yoga and spinning, these are of different intensity. It's best to follow your plastic surgeon's regimen in terms of postop return to activities.

Robert L. Kraft, MD