11 Days Post Breast Reduction and Breasts Are Uneven, One is Hard and Painful?

I had breast reduction 11 days ago, I noted the sizes were different straight away, the smaller one has settled down and wounds on both have been clean and dry. The larger one feels like it is going to explode, it is so hard and painful and I am concerned if I have suctures out on this one after day 14 it will split! I had this done overseas and am from UK. should it be like this at day 11? what should I be looking for. I was given anti biotics from day one.

Complications after Breast Reduction

+1

It is not normal. I suggest you see a Plastic Surgeon ASAP.

You may either have a large blood clot due to internal bleed in the breast or an infection. Both of which needs to be addressed ASAP with surgery + antibiotics. Antibiotics alone may not be adequate.

Hope this helps

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction problem

+1

One breast is larger, more painful and feel as it will explode; all are signs of internal beed. Contact your plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast reduction and differences

+1

If the larger breast is much larger and very firm, it may suggest a hematoma( blood filled cavity). It is best to be seen by a plastic surgeon ASAP.

Breast pain post-op

+1

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems after your reduction, but it sounds like you have had some internal bleeding which is causing the breast hardness.  You need to see your surgeon as soon as you can. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon