Does Breast Reduction with Nipple Graft Affect Future Breast Growth (MtF Transsexual)?

6 years ago I had a breast reduction(with nipple graft) and a tummy tuck as a male after losing ~150 pounds and having excess amounts of loose skin that all consultations told me would probably not tighten up for an extremely long period of time. Between the two procedures 20-30 lbs of skin was removed. I plan on starting hormone therapy in the near future and I worry about the implications of the nipple graft may have (like abnormal growth, scarring, etc..) for my upcoming transition.

MTF transition

+1
The hormone therapy will probably not affect the nipple graft.  There may not be much breast tissue left to be influenced by hormone.  You will probably need an implant to achieve the look you are wanting.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast growth after free nipple graft

+1

The answer depends on whether there is residual glandular tissue.  The plastic surgeon that did your breast reduction would be the best persion to tell you whether residual breast tissue was left behind.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast groth ater breat reduction

+1

You case is not simple and there is no good literature about it,however it is likely that hormonal therapy in the future will have little influence on the breast growth if breast tissue was removed.

Mordcai Blau, MD

MTF breast surgery

+1

You have asked a challenging question without a definitive answer. It's unlikely that hormones will give you breast development after a male breast reduction. The nipple grafts themselves should not be as much a problem as the other effectsof the surgery, such as internal scarring, if you are considering breast implants in the future.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Male to female transsexual

+1

Having had a breast reduction with nipple graft, there is a lot of changes and scarring.

Starting on hormone therapy will increase the breast tissue, what ever has remained.

So it is impossible to predict what response you will have. Start hormone therapy and see what happens.