Breast Reduction in Nigeria?

My breasts are giving me emotional problems. Does anyone know how and where I can get breast reduction here in Nigeria?

Breast Reduction for "Emotional” Problems?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with  breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

I would suggest checking with your local physicians for appropriate referral to a well experienced plastic surgeon.

Referral for breast reduction in Nigeria

+1

It may be best for you to discuss this with your primary physician, gynecologist or even local medical society. Your local hospital may have a list of credentialed plastic surgeons and provide a referral service.

Breast reduction in Nigeria

+1

I would suggest that you call your local medical society and ask if they have a plastic surgeon in the area.  I looked into the American Society of Plastic surgery and there is no one listed in Nigeria.  There are countries with qualified surgeons.  I would suggest South Africa if you cannot find one locally.  Ask to see photographs.  Good Luck

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)

Choosing a board certified plastic surgeon for breast surgery

+1

Choosing a breast surgeon is a much easier task in the United States as the American Board of Plastic Surgery has a physician locator.  I would check to see if there is a similar board in your nation of choice. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Nigeria Breast Reduction

+1

Breast reduction should be done by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. There are many techniques used for breast reduction. One size does not fit all. Do your research well.

I frequently travel to Nigeria to perform plastic surgery. You may contact my office for details of my next visit to Nigeria. Alternatively, look for a Nigerian Plastic Surgeon trained in breast reduction.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Breast reduction in Nigeria

+1

Breast reduction surgery, when done correctly, can be a large help to patients.  Please make sure your plastic surgeon is adequately trained and the facilities are up to standard.  A good place to start looking for a plastic surgeon is the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, (ISAPS). 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast reduction

+1

I don't know the details for NIgeria.  But universally, you want to carefully choose your plastic surgeon.  Make sure that they have appropriate training and experience to perform this surgery and ask to speak to other patients.  I'm sure there is someone there with the ability to help you.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Choosing a breast reduction surgeon

+1

perform your research when choosing a breast reduction surgeon. There are many techniques available today for breast reduction but not every technique fits every patient. For your best result, perform your research and discuss your aesthetic goals with as many surgeons as possible. Make sure that you use a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with the various techniques in breast reduction surgery and who can not only make your breast smaller but improve their shape and contour.

Pat Pazmino, MD