Breast Reduction 5 Months Ago. Still Too Much Tissue on the Sides (Sag). Can Anything Be Done?

The surgery went well and I am happy with the symmetry. However, I still feel way bigger than I anticipated and I now have some sagging on each side that really feels uncomfortable. Looking at me from the lateral view I look great but, from the front my breasts appear too wide. I also have a "sandpaper" type feeling whenever I try to sleep on my stomach which makes me concerned about adhesions. Can anything be done to make a modification? If so, would it be simple or complexed? Costs?

Revisions after reductions are quite common

+1

if you are desiring the best results.  Almost everything that results from a reduction procedure can be tweaked/revised/improved upon.  Talk to your surgeon to see what can be done for you.

Lateral breast rolls or back fat?

+1

Without a photo of what you are concerned about, it is very difficult to say what could be possible for you.

Back fat and dorsal rolls after a breast reduction

+1

Back fat and dorsal rolls are often a problem that occur as an additional deformity in women who have a breast reduction.  It is possible that this can be corrected with liposuction or a skin revision.  Discuss this with your surgeon and see if he has a policy to handle this situation. 

Post-breast reduction issue

+1

Please post photos.  If you have "bra rolls" which reflect excess fat on the sides, this would not be addressed in the breast reduction and you might want to consider elective liposuction of the areas.  Without photos, it is impossible to tell whether you have an issue related to the breast reduction or something different.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Revisionary Breast Surgery after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction surgery; it sounds like you are generally doing quite well.

Pictures or in-person examination would be helpful in providing you with more precise advice in regards to your concerns. However, based on your description, revisionary surgery may be helpful. This operation may involve removal of “excess” skin/breast tissue/adipose tissue plus or minus liposuction surgery as well. Much, of course, of what is recommended to you will depend on your physical examination and concerns.