Medical Assistance for Breast Reduction?

I am 5'4", weigh 152 lbs, and wear a 36G. I have extreme back and neck pain from my breasts. I have indentions where my bra straps lay. I do not have insurance but am in desperate need of a breast reduction. Do you have any suggestions for medical assistance?

Breast Reduction Wanted but No Insurance - What choices?

+1

From your description you should be a good candidated for this procedure. Sounds like you should purchase medical insurance. With "Obama care", insurance companies can no longer disqualify you because of a pre-existing condition.

If money is the critical issue of whether you can have this procedure then consider contacting a local University Plastic Surgery Residency program. They often can offer reduced rates for a resident to do the surgery under the guidance of a faculty member.

Lastly you might consider financing options such as Care Credit

Breast Reduction Financing?

+1

Based on your description,  it sounds like you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. Your best option may be to obtain health insurance;  otherwise self financing with your plastic surgeon's office will need to be arranged.

Breast reduction will cost you

+1

If you have no insurance, you will have to pay one way or another if you want surgery. Even if you go to a residency program clinic, there is a fee for the surgery.

Not all insurance companies offer medical assistance for breast reduction

+1

Dear Nikki,

Not all insurance companies offer breast reduction benefits - and not all who do offer them make it easy and straight forward for women to have the procedure done.

Your choices are either to finance the operation and then personally pay for it OR see if the local plastic surgery residency program has a residents' clinic. In those clinics, the residents are supervised by attending plastic surgeons. If they choose to operate on you, your out of pocket cost, if any, will be very small. The lead surgeon will be the resident but his/her plastic surgery attending will be in the OR to make sure your operation is done well.

I hope this was helpful.

Breast reduction

+1

Nikki,

I'm not clear by what you mean by medical assistance but in general it sounds as though you would be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. If you are referring to financial assistance, I would be the wrong one to counsel you. There are financing programs available and the plastic surgeon's office staff who you chose should be able to discuss these options with you. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS