Breast Reduction Through Liposuction with Breast Lift

I plan to get a breast reduction done through liposuction along with a breast lift. How safe is this procedure and what are the risks involved?

Breast reduction includes a lift

+2

As all the other doctors have said, your plan doesn't makes logical sense because the reduction surgery includes a lift and liposuction won't do any lift by itself.  Just have an excellent reduction and the lift will be part of that.  Doing liposuction won't change the scar pattern any either.

Breast Reduction and Safety?

+1
Assuming you're in good health and are under the care of a board-certified plastic surgeon and board-certified anesthesiologist,  breast reduction surgery is very safe and one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There's No Advantage Combining Breast Reduction with Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the breast can be safe and successful if the patient's breast is largely fat.  It is most useful if a surgeon is trying to limit incisions to the breast or needs to taper a breast around the edges.    There is no advantage to using liposuction over direct surgical excision if you are having a standard breast lift.   At times, liposuction may cause some damage to the remaining fat cells, and delayed healing can result in which a part of your incision may break down.    These incisions will always heal, but it can take several weeks.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Breast reduction can be done with breast lift and liposuction.

+1

Hi.

Of course, it depends on your individual anatomy, but breast lift and liposuction can achieve significant breast reduction. This is a good technique for fatty breasts.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Reduction via Liposuction with breast lift?

+1

Hi there-

I think that sometimes we as surgeons and patients get a bit too cute for our patient's own good....

I can think of absolutely no advantage to you of having the breast tissue reduced by liposuction and then having the exact same incisions you would have for a breast reduction performed to have your breasts lifted. In fact, if you are going to have the incisions and scars anyway, a sharp technique for reduction at the same time as your lift makes a lot more sense in terms of preserving the integrity of your breast's blood supply and minimizing the overall trauma to your breasts.

I'm not sure who you saw- as this recommendation is so bizarre. Here is a bit of advice on choosing a plastic surgeon:

Armando Soto, MD

Breast reduction and lift

+1

Breast liposuction delivers super results, though it isn't right for everyone. If you have good skin quality and minimal sagging, you make an ideal candidate for reduction using liposuction alone. Since lipo stimulates the skin to tighten around the affected area, the breasts actually lift a little bit. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring.

For young patients with large breasts, a lipo reduction may prevent breast sag from ever occuring! Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the contour of the breasts so that they are smaller and perkier. It raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. I commonly use a minimal incision technique (Le Jour), eliminating the need for large scars while providing a pleasing breast contour and shape that is proportionate to the patient's body.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast reduction and liposuction

+1

Hi,

I'm not sure why you would be offered a liposuction breast reduction and then a breast lift. A regular breast reduction with incisions will lift your breasts. Some surgeons do perform a limited amount of liposuction at the same time to the lateral aspects of the breasts, but of course your need for this would depend upon your anatomy. The procedure itself is very safe provided that you are using a board-certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction via Liposuction the Breast Lift

+1

I know this might sound crazy but a standard breast reduction removes both the breast tissue and elevates the nipple areolar complex at the same time. So although your surgeon might think he's being clever, he's not.

Get a real breast reduction which cover both aspects and don't waste your time with your surgeons idea of being innovative. A breast reduction via liposuction is only appropriate when the nipple doesn't need to be moved and the tissue is mostly fatty ( which means older women).

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction with lipo and then lift

+1

If you are going to have a breast lift, why would you need to have liposuction of the breast? You are better off just having the breast lift surgery with the reduction using the same technique.

Seems like longer way to get breast reduction results

+1

I agree with both Drs. Aldea and Baxter, it is like you're taking a longer way to get a similar result. Please go see 3 boarded plastic surgeon in person. Best of Luck, MERRY MERRY.