Male Breast Reduction and Lipo for 350 Pound Patient

Im over 350 pounds and want to bet a breast reduction and lipo in pelvis and abdominal area. is it safe and whats the estimated cost. breast are large like as a female's and very embarrassing and there is a pouch over pelvis that is hard to lose.

Male breast reduction at 350 pounds: more prone to unsatisfactory outcome

+1

In my opinion, you will not be satisfied with your outcome if you undergo surgery at your corrent weight. It is far more preferable that you get closer to your ideal body weight. If and when you do, the operation you require may differ. For example you may require a skin reduction as well as a fat and glandular reduction.

Liposuction and overweight

+1

Liposuction is not an answer to treat obesity.  At 350 pounds unfortunately the liposuction probably would not make a significant difference. 

Aesthetic Surgery in a currently overweight patient

+1

Hi there-

Unfortunately, I would not recommend surgery for you at this time... Pursuing surgical improvement before addressing the root problem (excess weight) is likely to leave you with a long term outcome you end up wishing was better, and placing you at unnecessary risk in the process.

My best advice to you is for you to pursue a healthy lifestyle change (visit your doctor to be sure you are healthy enough for exercise) including changes in your diet.

Once you are at a healthier weight for you, proceeding with surgery for improvement of these areas should be safe and effective.

Armando Soto, MD