Breast Reduction or Lift when Reducing Implants from DD Cups to C Cups?

When i was 17 I had breast implants which where far too big for my frame ( i went from a AA to a DD) 12yrs later I am now suffering with back pain and frankly feel like a barbie doll. I want to reduce these to a moderate C cup, but as i am still only 29 will i need to get an uplift aswell as new implants? if i dont will there be baggy excess skin? What are the price ranges if I want pear shaped implants and lift? Thanks S

Breast Reduction/Lifting Necessary when Downsizing Breast Implants?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination  and a full communication of your goals.  Based on your description, however, it is quite possible that some form of breast reduction/lifting  may be necessary to achieve your goals.

Generally speaking what your breasts will look like after removal of your current breast implants depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Again, consulting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will be helpful.

Breast lift after exchanging to smaller implants

+1

It is difficult to answer the question whether you would need new implants or not without an examination.  If you were AA at age 17, now 12 years older have you gained any additional breast tissue?  If so you might be pleased with an explantation (removal of implants completely) coupled with a breast lift.  If you do not have sufficient breast tissue to allow for a C cup, then you would need to remove your current implant size and replace it with a much smaller implant to get you to the C cup range.  In addition you would most likely need a lift to deal with the loose skin from going down two cup sizes (but difficult to know for sure without an exam).  Most women are not pleased with simply removing implants without a breast lift to remove the excess skin. 

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Lift after removing implants

+1
the previous post is absolutely correct. no 1 has enough information to give you a reasonable plan. an option you might not hear very much would be to take the implants out which is simple wait and see where things go.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction or breast lift

+1

You did not include a picture of your breasts nor did you mention whether or not you have had pregnancies between your initial breast augmentation and now.  You also didn't mention your height, weight, or the volume of implants that were used.  With that in mind, and because your breasts have apparently undergone a lot of changes since you were 17, I think your questions will be better addressed by a doctor who can evaluate you in person.  Still, there are a couple of things that I can say that might be helpful.  First, implants only add volume.  That is their one and only purpose.  Remove the implants and you remove the volume.  That alone will make you a smaller cup size.  What will your breasts look like afterwards and will you need a breast lift or a reduction of the remaining breast tissue as well?  That is the part where you will need to be seen by a doctor who can evaluate you.  Only by examining you can he make that determination.  A breast lift and a breast reduction (if you need more tissue removed after the removal of the implants) are basically the same operation.  The goal is to elevate the nipple to a higher level on the breast and to tighten up the excess (loose) breast skin and tissue.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD