Breast Reduction in Austin, Texas?

I am a 25 y/o female, 5'9', 170 lbs. with 34G breasts. I have BlueCross Blue Shield insurance and am considering breast reduction surgery. I currently live in Austin Texas and would love a PS recommendation. Anyone who has had the procedure - please let me know who your surgeon was and if you were happy about the outcome. Thanks!

Insurance coverage in Austin, TX

+1

Every insurance plan has their own unique criteria on whether they will cover a breast reduction.  More and more, we are seeing plans where a breast reduction is not a covered benefit.  If it is a covered benefit, some insurance plans set a minimum required amount of tissue to be remove in order to met their threshold for coverage.  Some set the amount in relation to your BMI (height and weight).  Others require extensive medical records documenting neck pain, back pain, and history of rashes.   The other alternative is to opt for a breast reduction as a self-pay option.   Start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast reduction in Austin, TX

+1

Choosing the right surgeon for you may be difficult. There are ways to narrow your choices. FIrst, go the ASPS or ASAPS website and look for plastic surgeons in your area. Then ask around.

Plastic surgeon recommendation for breast reduction surgery

+1

There are many qualified plastic surgeons in your area.  Ask for recommendations from trusted friends or physicians.   Nurses at the local hospital are also good sources for plastic surgeon recommendations

Breast Reduction and Finding Plastic Surgeon?

+1

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Good luck as you do your research;  breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations plastic surgeons perform.