Breast Reduction with Implants

I am 5'1 and weigh 105 after losing 100 lbs. I went from size 38G to 32DDD. I am looking to lift and but keep same size. I went for a consultation and was told that my skin tone is not good enouh for a vertical breast lift, he advised a reduction and implant with invrted T incision. Your opinion?

Breast Reduction and Implants?

+1

Although it sounds counterintuitive, breast implants may be helpful to achieve superior pole fullness that cannot be achieved and/or maintained after breast  reduction or breast lifting surgery. Based on your description,  you may be better off undergoing the breast reduction first followed by bresst augmentation several months later.

Breast Lift VS Breast Reduction AFTER Losing more than 100 pounds

+1

Without an examination, much less a photograph it is truly hard to advise you. But - as regards "I am 5'1 and weigh 105 after losing 100 lbs. I went from size 38G to 32DDD", I can tell you that very few women who are this small and who lose such a large amount of weight retain much breast volume. The vast majority do well with ONLY a Breast Lift.

If you are happy with the amount of fill in your bra, then all you would need is a Breast Lift. If you feel strongly that you need larger breasts, then breast implants would need to be placed together with a Breast Lift procedure.

Breast surgery after massive weight loss

+1

Usually, the breast is ptotic (droopy) prior to significant weight loss. After weight loss, two things happen. The breast gets smaller and droops more. Therefore, almost everyone needs a breast lift that consists of removing the excess skin and remodeling the breast to a normal conical mound. This is all that is needed if the breast tissue remaining is adequate, as it sounds as though yours is. If, however, you are smaller than you desire when in a bra, you need to increase the size of the breast by augmenting it with either an implant or moving fat from the side into the breast. You must make the choice of what is done by deciding if you are adequate size in a bra or would you like to be larger.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breasts

+1

It is difficult to conceive that you have DDD breasts and not enough breast tissue to lift them adequately.  Unless of course you really are all loose skin and no parenchyma. In this scenarios an implant will help as the skin envelope is reduced around them.

Breast Reduction and Implants - a common combination

+1

This is not an unusual combination to perform, even though it sounds counterintuitive.  You need the implants to give you upper pole fullness and a good shape to the breasts, but without removing some tissue, you will be markedly larger in breast size.  With regards to the lift, it is common to use a full inverted T pattern - it gives you more scars, but is the most powerful lift and gives you the best chance of getting a nice breast size/shape.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

You need a reduction

+1

A standard reduction using an inverted T incision should work. I doubt that you need to have silicone implants inserted at the same time.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast reduction with implants

+1

Again hard to discuss without photos. But sounds like you need a inverted T lift first than a implant second. Just my opinion.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Breast reduction, lift and implant augmentation following massive weight loss

+1

This is a complex problem and there may be many approaches. However, a reduction/lift  and implant is a common solution for managing volume loss and ptosis following massive weight loss.

Breast Procedures following Massive Weight Loss

+1

It does sound as if you will require a mastopexy utilizing an anchor type incision and subsequent scar.  If you are currently wearing a DDD cup bra, I would not suggest an implant placement at the time.  First odf all, a combined augmentation/mastopexy carries a higher complication rate than either procedure performed alone.  Secondly I think that a DDD cup is more than adequate and,in fact, I would probably suggest a modest reduction with your mastopexy.

John Whitt, MD

Breast lift/implants after massive weight loss

+1

First, no one can answer your question wihtout an exam.

Next it is important to understand that after weight loss, the support structures, including skin are weakened greatly.  Also, you will have a lot of skin excess most likely.

It is most likley that you will need the "anchor" lift to deal with these issues and also to shape the breast.  The scars usually heal very nicely over time.

An implant will likely be needed to restore support and upper pole volume as well as shape.  Remember that you can do these procedures at the same time or as two different procedures which is the safer and more predictable.

Scott E. Kasden, MD