Breast Reduction and Possible Reoccurring Hematoma?

I had a breast reduction 2 weeks ago. One week ago I had a hematoma removed. Three days later had a follow up with PS and I was fine. I am now sore again and firm again and there is visible bruising that was not there after surgery. Could I have another hematoma or something else.

Hematoma after breast reduction

+1

Hi - sorry to hear you are having these problems. It does sound like there is a possibility you may have another hematoma or fluid collection. I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon as soon as possible, as sometimes a fluid or blood collection can put pressure on the breast tissue and possibly compromise blood flow to the nipple. Sometimes as well swelling can persist after you have a hematoma evacuated, but if you were evaluated shortly after your last surgery and your current appearance is a change, I would return to your doctor as soon as possible. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent hematoma

+1
It is possible that a new hematoma or other fluid collection has formed and you should see your plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Bruising after breast hematoma

+1

Bruising may show up a few days after a hematoma but it is also possible that a new hematoma has formed. You should tell your surgeon about this.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS