Recurring Hematoma After Breast Reduction. What to Do?

Had a BR 5 wks ago overseas, one recovered normally other developed hematoma soon afterwards, I thought it was recovering at different stages. It was very hard, painful and extremely bruised. I was not fit to fly back and saw own doctor and referred to consultant. This took several days, It has been aspirated 3 times weekly.The ultrasound shows a large collection each time. Very sore, hard, and bruised compared with the other. How many times can this go on for? relief lasts a day then pain rtn

Need To Treat The Problem, Not The Symptom

My first question is: is the fluid that is being drained truly red blood, or is it straw colored or some place in between?  If it is truly red blood, you may still have a leaking vessel.  This is very unlikely.  More than likely, the recurrent fluid build up has created a membrane around the cavity containing the fluid.  This membrane is probably producing fluid now.  A in-dwelling drain would be the first thing I would do.  Add to that, pressure, some tight ace wraps to close off the area in the breast that may be producing the fluid, and then placement of a sclerosing agent (an agent that induces inflammation leading to fibrosis or closing of the pocket).  These 3 elements should stop the drainage. 

All this being said, you need a good general or plastic surgeon to do all of the above, and of course, watch closely for redness.  You are a set up for infection.