Breast Reduction From DDD to C?

Hi I'm 18 years old and a 32DDD ..well slightly larger now, going in for a new bra fitting tomorrow.I've discussed a reduction with my parents; we were hoping to get some doctors opinions. Hoping to be a C.. I deal with a lot of pain in my shoulders, neck and back. Physical activity like running is difficult; it's definitely psychologically frustrating as well. Everyday a have significant indentations from my bra straps as well..I feel like its negatively impacting my life..

You need a reduction

+1

You have all the complaints that all large breasted women have, and, unfortunately at a very young age. It is only gong to get worse as you get older and particularly if you go through pregnancy.  Breast reduction can be a difficult operation.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this operation.  This operation requires moving the nipple upwards and removing the amount of tissue to get you to the size that you want.  It will leave scars,  It may interfere with sensitivity. You may not be able to breast feed.  Be sure this is what you want to do.  I will tell you that my breast reduction patients are the happiest of all my patients.

Breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction may be a good option for you if youa re suffering with back and neck pain.  If you are a DDD the breast can be reduced to be more in proportion to the your body.  This is a fairly straight forward procedure that takes 2-3 hours.  Good luck.

Question?

+1

A breast reduction is a very good procedure if the patient needs one. You have not asked a question but if you have large breast , as you suggest in your statement getting the opnion of some doctors in your area is a good start. You should go to a doctor that is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction in Teenagers

+1

Several years agi I wrote an article about this subject and I was amazed at how many patients came in requesting breast reduction.  There are several things to consider with breast reduction in Teens, and the two most important are 1) is the breast still growing and 2) are you willing to accept scars.  I would seek the advice of several plastic surgeons in your area, and there are quite a few very good ones.  On occassion I have been able to reduce breast volume by just liposuctioning the breast, but this is the exception and NOT the usual case.  In patients like you with what might be considered juvenile hypertrophy, you may be a candidate for the procedure but only an experienced board certified plastic surgeon would be able to determine this.

The second point is that you must be willing to accept that there will be scars.  They usually fade, but they can be noticeable.  Saying that, I know of no patient who after the fact would trade the scars for all the symptoms of large breasts.  Good luck to you and its great that your parents are supportive of this.  Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast reductions have high satisfaction rate.

+1

It sounds like you have all of the classic symptoms of a young lady with breasts that are too big.  A breast reduction could very well give you a new lease on life.  I would suggest a complete consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your situation.  Most breast reduction patients are so happy they did the procedure and all most all say they would do it all over again.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Juvenile Breast Hypertrophy?

+1

It sounds like you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

Sometimes this procedure is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

By the way, I'm glad you have supportive parents ( this is not always the case).