Will Breast Reduction for Size 38DD Breasts Be Covered by Insurance? (photo)

I am looking to get breast reduction next year due to uncomfortable heavy breasts. Pain shoots in the upper portion of my back and I sit crouched at work 8-10 hours per day. I currently have Blue Cross Blue Shield. I will be covered through Health Partners Open Access as my primary provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield being secondary so that gives me dual coverage beginning January 1st 2012.

Breast reduction

+4

You appear to be an individual who would benefit from a breast reduction.. Insurance usually covers the procedure but each company has different requirements for coverage. You will need to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to defermine if it would be a covered procedure for you.

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+3

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; for  physical and emotional reasons.
The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm