Breast Reduction Estimate - 300gm?

I am relatively small - 5' tall on a medium frame. I am currently overweight and have gained in my chest... Currently, I am about a 36 DD. even on my best day over the past few years, I was a 32 DD. I have checked with my insurance and their minimum requirement for someone my height is the removal of 300gm of tissue. I am just wondering whereabouts that would put me (generally). I don't want to look prepubescent, but I would be perfectly happy in a c or even b cup. Thanks for your help.

Impossible to predict bra size after breast reduction

+1

It is impossible to predict bra size after breast reduction surgery because there are no guidelines for bra manufacturers.  Make sure you look at a lot of before and after photographs of other women who look just like you, to give you an idea of what size you would like to end up as.  The insurance minimum requirement of 300 grams, is just that, a minimum amount necessary for insurance coverage.  Your  plastic surgeon can remove any amount of tissue he/she feels necessary to achieve an aesthetic result.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction or breast lifting at some point. Timing of surgery will be important;  generally speaking it is best to do the operation when you are at your long-term stable weight. Doing so will minimize the chances of perioperative complications and minimize the potential need for further surgery ( in the event of future weight loss).

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Many patients decide to reduce the breasts enough to help alleviate symptoms caused by larger breasts while maintaining enough breast tissue to remain proportionate to the remainder of their torso.