Breast Reduction DD to B?

I've been told doctors dont like to perform such drastic reductions because of risk to the nipple, but honestly I am not concerned with breast feeding in the future. I am currently a 36DD, but I've recently lost alot of weight (i was 200lbs and 40F, now I'm 110lbs) and so alot of my breasts are skin I believe, and so would going down to a full B/small C, be so drastic? surely it would just be cutting away alot of skin, like a surgeon would on a tummy tuck, no?

Reduction volume

+1

A physical exam would be needed to give you any recommendations.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options and see what is possible with breast reduction surgery.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Breast reduction from DD to B

+1

Thank you for the question and congratulation on your weight loss. I think you are a good candidate for breast reduction. There is, however, a difference between breast reduction surgery and tummy tuck. You could go down to full B/ small C. There is however, some correlation between the bra cup size and the actual breast size. Different bars will fit you differently based on shape of the bra and manufacturer.

You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Take to the consultation photos of what you want to look, check your plastic surgeon before and after photos and then make your decision. I wish you all the best

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Reduction DD to B

+1

From your description, this sounds quite possible.  However, it would take an actual examination to give you the best advice.  It would be more difficult to go to this size if you were still 200 pounds.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to learn more about your options and expected post procedure size.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction from D to B

+1

Being that you lsot a lot of weight you may have very little breast tissue and mostly skin. This may make it difficult to create a nice shape. It really is best to go for an exam to see what options you have.  Good luck!