How Much Will a Breast Reduction Cost? (photo)

I have had large breasts most of my life, and am ready to get them reduced in size. I have marks on my shoulders from the bra straps, as well as back pains and an inability to work out due to them being so large! I don't have any insurance at the moment, and no primary doctor. I've been wearing a 40 DDD bra but believe I'm bigger. I just want to be at peace and get more active andI ca do that with my large breasts. Looking for a Chicago area doctor.

Hi There,

Here's a few links that may help you with your research:

Average Cost in your area
Board certified doctors in your area

Hopefully this helps!

Breast reduction costs

+2

The cost of plastic surgery is very region and plastic surgeon dependent. The out of pocket cost for breast reduction surgery in North Carolina is about $6000-$7000. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction cost

+2

Hi Chigem.  Given your symptoms, I think an insurance company would approve a breast reduction for you.  Can you wait until you have insurance before you have the surgery?  If not, I think you should find a nearby plastic surgeon, and discuss having the procedure done on a self-pay basis.  Since prices can vary widely with geographic location, it is hard to give you a specific price.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction costs self pay non insurance.

+2

Go to Am. Soc. of Plastic Surgeons or Am. Soc. of Aesth. Plastic Surgery web site and call several of the offices in your local area for total price: surgeon fees,Anesth. fees, and facility fees. This will give you the range of prices.

alternatively, Obama care is around the corner and based on your photos and symptoms this most likely would be covered by insurance.

Robert A. Hardesty, MD
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Cost

+1

Symptomatic large breasts could be qualified for insurance coverage.  You might consider purchasing health insurance first. In Canada it is an insured procedure requiring approval but if done privately the cost will range from $6500 to $8000 CD.

Alexander Golger, MD