Breast Reduction Cost and Healing Duration?

I am a 28 year old lady at 36 G cup. I suffer from neck and back pains,and have learnt that they are related to the size of my breasts.Therefore i need breast reduction operation.I want to know how much it cost for one to go through this operation,what are the risks,involved and how long is the healing time? I have learnt that natural herbs tablets/ pills also can reduce breast size,how true is it? Thank you

Symptomatic macromastia

+1

will not go away with herbs and other products.  Massive weight loss, if applicable, will diminish your breast size along with everything else.  You are looking at surgery to diminish your breast volume and costs vary, according to whether insurance is going to cover it or not.  Your recovery can vary but most of my patients are back to resuming activities after 3 weeks.  You should discuss your questions in more depth with your chosen surgeon.

Breast Reduction

+1

Breast reduction is usually covered by insurance when the surgery is performed as part of a medically mandated procedure to treat neck, back, or shoulder pain or other problems related to the spine, which sounds like your situation. Recently, managed care has adopted stricter standards for coverage, so just make sure these problems are thoroughly documented in writing by your primary care physician and plastic surgeon. They may also have to submit photographs. Even then, you may be required to seek a second opinion from a chiropractor, physical therapist, or orthopedic surgeon.
Large breasts can restrict your lifestyle and cause a variety of medical problems. Even drastic weight loss won't result in more than negligible shrinkage. Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the contour of the breasts so that they are smaller and perkier. I commonly use a minimal incision technique (Le Jour), eliminating the need for large scars while providing a pleasing breast contour and shape that is proportionate to the patient’s body. Your surgeon knows exactly how much tissue he or she is taking out, because it is weighed after removal. The good news is that this procedure can be performed under local anesthesia and twilight sedation instead of general anesthesia, but some doctors still use a general anesthetic. And breast reduction comes with an added bonus: the extracted breast tissue is always sent to the lab and examined by a pathologist for signs of cysts or cancer. Having smaller breasts can take years off your appearance!

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast Reduction Costs and Healing Time?

+1

Based on the description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. I would not recommend the use of pills/herbs for this purpose.

You will find that the cost of breast reduction surgery will vary from one region to another and from one practice to another.  In our practice, the cost of the procedure generally ranges  from 8500-$9500.  these costs will include the costs of anesthesia services, surgery center costs, surgeon's fees, and pathology fees.

Recovery time  will also vary from one patient to another;  most patients are back to work ( depending on the type)  between 2 to 4 weeks and resume most activities within the first month after surgery

You may find the attached link helpful in learning about the potential risk/complications associated with breast reduction surgery.

Breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction fee will vary from region to region. In NYC people charge between $10-20K.  There are no pills that can reduce the size of the breasts.