Breast Reduction - Breasts Get Bigger 2 Weeks Post Op?

I had a breast reduction and I was wondering if it is normal or common to have the breasts be really small for the first week-week and a half after the reduction and start swelling after the two weeks. I know it is usually common for breasts to be large right after the operation but was wondering if it is also vice versa? Is it possible that swelling starts 2 weeks after or is this just the end result of my breasts?

Concerns after Breast Reduction?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about concerns after surgery. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.
Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the  long-term outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Swelling does not start 2 weeks after breast reduction

+1
Swelling reaches a crescendo 72 hours after surgery. If you are premenstrual now, then this could certainly account for swelling but you should be seeing your plastic surgeon in followup such that seromata, hematoma, infection, etc can be ruled out. Additionally, you should not overdo activities two weeks after surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction and swelling

+1

First, you may have more swelling as you do more activity. But I would be worried about a hematoma and you should see your surgeon if you suspect that.

Hello

+1

It is very normal to be swollen 2 weeks after surgery. It takes 6-9 months for all the swelling to subside.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Swelling two weeks out.

+1

The breast are changing and settling into position and may appear to have changed size.  If you feel any hardness that wasn't there before, or they are gradually enlarging then I would definitely contact your surgeon to have him or her evaluate your breasts to make sure that there is nothing going on besides normal post-operative swelling and changes.

Robert Kratschmer, MD