Will Breast Reduction Help with Migraines and Back Pain?

Im 17 years old and suffered chronic migraines and back pain I had to quit work because of it Im a 32 DD (I might be bigger I havent had them measured in 3 years) the thing is I have Medicaid and we dont have a lot of money it makes it hard for me to be outside because I cant walk around too much because of my back I stay in bed a lot and cant be as active as I want to. I also have an abuttal inhaler and take 20mg fluoxetine for depression this is not a helping factor what can I do?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description you are dealing with several issues that need to be addressed.  in regards to the breasts,  you may be an excellent candidate for the procedure.  consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful;  hopefully you will be successful in locating a doctor that works with Medicaid.

Please make sure that the depression and asthma are as well controlled as possible prior to surgery.

Medicaid and coverage of breast reduction

+1

You should check with Medicaid as for the coverage of breast reduction surgery.  As for the back pain and migraine it is hard to say. 

Numerous physical complaints, large breasts and medicaid coverage.

+1

You have multiple concerns which are difficult to attribute all to large breasts. I would caution you about expecting too much from a breast reduction surgery alone as there may be other causes for your symptoms. It will be difficult to identify a surgeon who is willing to accept medicaid as payment in full. You may want to consider consulting with a neurologist as well. A university plastic surgery training program may be an alternative for affordable surgery. You will need your parent's consent.

Breast reduction help with migraines and back pain

+1

Yes there is a possibility that a breast reduction could alleviate these issues. Best to seek an opinion from 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI DR. B