Breast reduction to a B or C with breast implants back to a D cups to improve the look, is it possible?

I'm 19 years old, around 55 kgs and 5,3. My breasts are 10D, some sports bras 10DD. I lift weights 4-5X a week. Always had naturally large breasts, losing 2-4 kgs,wouldn't alter breast size much,unlike other women with weightloss. I love look of implants but my breasts are too big to have further implants, is it possible to have breast reduction to a B or small C followed by implants to create cleavage and a more rounder look back to a D cup?Is it possible and what would it require?

BBA

+1
You need to be examined in person to determine if this is possible.  Be sure to see a BC PS in your area.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Lots of things going on here but there are ways to lift and increase the size of your breast in order to improve the overall contour, seek an inperson consult

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Reduction followed by implants is an obsolete concept

+1

If you have large breasts now, it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness without implant, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique can be done without the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Certainly, you do not need your breasts reduced and then implants. You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM. This technique is stable long term since the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle and pain relief is achieved by weight transfer.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants plus Breast Reduction

+1

Without seeing your pictures it is hard to be specific, however what you describe is definitely possible. The reduction helps to shape the breast and then the implant will replace volume and fills the upper part of the breast to improve your cleavage. Depending on your breast it may be possible with a short scar technique or you may require a longer scar. I would generally place the implants over the pectoral muscle and perform this surgery as an overnight stay.

Kind regards,

Dean

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast procedure

+1

It is difficult to give you an evaluation with out a physical examination or via email. Please provide pictures consisting of a front and side view in order to determine which technique will be the best one for your case.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question. Your situation is not uncommon and hopefully this response will be helpful to you and other young ladies with the same concerns.

Many patients who are starting out with a significant amount of breast tissue and/or some “sagging”, will benefit from removal of some breast skin/tissue prior to undergoing breast augmentation surgery. Otherwise, if they were to have a breast augmentation and/or breast lift at this point, they will likely not be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

One analogy I used to describe the issues at hand is called the sheet versus comforter analogy. Young ladies who present with very little breast and/or adipose tissue “coverage” (analogous to "sheets") are more likely to achieve the “full, round” look with breast augmentation surgery since the breast implants will show themselves through the relative thin coverage present.

On the other hand, patients who present with more breast and/or adipose tissue coverage (“comforters”), are less likely to achieve the full round look after breast augmentation surgery, because the “roundness” of the breast implants does not show themselves through the relatively thick overlying coverage.

For these patients, who present with a significant amount of soft tissue coverage, traditional breast augmentation/lifting surgery may leave the patient dissatisfied, given that the “full, round” look is not achieved. One option for these patients is to remove breast tissue as well as breast skin during a breast reduction/lifting operation. By doing so, the plastic surgeon is essentially converting the patient from a “comforter” to a “sheet” situation. In my practice, I use a second stage breast augmentation procedure to achieve the “full, round” look that the patient is hoping for. During this stage, selection of breast implant type, profile, size etc. becomes important. Careful preoperative communication is one of the keys to success.

I suggest that patients not base communication of goals or satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients. With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. In office use of sizers under bras are helpful during the communication process. Computer imaging technology may also be a helpful communication tool.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast lift with implants.

+1

Consulting with an experienced surgeon is best but a procedure I have been doing includes removing tissue from the lower pole and lateral breast and then adding an implant for upper pole fullness. The resulting breasts may be a little larger than where we started but it is a way to add upper pole fullness without adding too much volume.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon