Recovery Time for Breast Reduction and Arm Lift Combination?

I know that people often go back to work in a couple of weeks from an arm lift or breast reduction but I am wondering if the surgical combination of the two might mean more downtime.

In general, how long am I going to need help at home? I may need to hire a nurse if it is going to be an extended period of time.

Recovery Time after Breast Reduction and Arm Lifting?

+1

Depending on the type of work you do I would suggest at least 2 weeks off  with this combination of surgery. Your plastic surgeon who knows you and your activities of daily living best will be in the best position to help with more details.

Benefits of Combining Procedures

+1

Although combining procedures in one operative setting certainly will lead to a longer surgical time and more areas of post-operative pain, in general you get the advantage of a single recovery period. If the combinations are chosen appropriately, your time away from work should be no different.

Leo Keegan, MD

Breast reduction and arm lift

+1

The amount of recovery time that you will need for both an arm lift and a breast reduction is about the same. Figure 1-2 weeks.

Breast Reduction and Brachioplasty

+1

It really depends on the person but I would recommend allowing yourself 2-3 weeks off work.

Most of my patients return to work after one week from each of the procedures. Combination of the two will add slightlly to your recovery. You will certainly need to be very careful and will need assistance at home since you will have some difficulty taking care of yourself.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Recovery time for combined breast reduction and arm lift surgery

+1

The average time for recovery when these procedures are performed separately is approximately 2 weeks. When the procedures are combined an additional week of recovery may be anticipated. Depending on what you do, this time frame may vary. If your job requires manual labor (involving heavy lifting) you may need an extra week. If you do sedentary work (computers, desk work) your recovery may be shorter. Either way, you would probably benefit from some help for several days following surgery.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift with Breast Reduction recovery time?

+1

Hi there-

In most patients, these two operation would be associated with a return to administrative work time of 1-2 weeks, with more significant activities requiring another 1-2 weeks.

If you have small children, you may want to have some help around the home for a few days, but otherwise you should be able to return to personal care soon after surgery.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Recovery time for breast reduction and arm lift combination?

+1

If these are the 2 operations done in combination, I would take 4 weeks to full recovery. But there are always exceptions. Home help for 4 days than you should be able to care for yourself. Best of Luck.

Recovery Time for Reduction and Brachioplasty

+1

The recovery period for having your reduction and arm lift performed simultaneously is not necessarily any longer than either performed alone. If your job is sedentary, you can probably return to work in 2-3 weeks. A longer period would be required if you are required to lift or strain at work.

John Whitt, MD

Simuiltaneous breast reduction and arm lift (brachioplasty)

+1

Following breast reduction and simultaneous brachioplasty, Many patients can return to light duty work at 2 weeks and nearly all by 3 weeks. As assistant may be helpful for the first 2-4 days.