Breast Reduction and Now Want Implants. Is This Possible?

I had a breast reduction which left scars and also, some fat looking skin on my sides of my breasts. I have since lost weight and I am considering breast implants but want the side fat removed also? I'm in Atlanta and I am just wondering how this would be done and how it will look after a reduction? And also the estimated costs involved.  Thanks! 

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Breast implants after breast reduction.

+1

You can certainly have breast augmentation even if you've already had a breast reduction surgery.  In this situation I generally recommend a sub muscular implant so that the breast tissue that was reduced maintains as much blood supply as possible.

Unaesthetic scars from your previous breast reduction surgery could certainly be revised at the same time.

Because you previously removed most of the natural breast tissue, which is that issue that responds to gravity you will likely have a more gravity defying uplifted looking breast with an implant.  For  my patients this is a positive thing.

You'll have to do some research in your local area to learn about the costs.  Each Physician will have his or her own fee schedule and the cost will certainly be determined as well by the amount of scar revision that you're considering.

Web reference: http://www.atcosmetics.com/breast-augmentation/index.html

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation after a reduction

+1

is very common and can produce the results you desire.  With your weight loss, you do have additional issues that can be addressed at the same time, specifically removal of those lateral chest rolls.  If you skin is excessively lax, you will require extension of your scars towards your back.  You may also need a mastopexy or revision reduction if your breast envelope has also stretched out.  Your doctor can guide you through this process and the chances are good that your goals can be met.  Best wishes!  And costs vary considerably from doctor to doctor so you are encouraged to shop around for someone you like and trust and whose fees are reasonable. 

It is possible

+1

Not infrequently patients who are overweight are bothered by symptomatic macromastia and for that reason undergo a breast reduction.  After successful weight loss, unfortunately, patients also find themselves with remaining breasts in good position and grade one ptosis but are hypovolumic.  These patients are in fact good candidates for breast augmentation.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after breast reduction surgery

+1

Breast implants can be placed after breast reduction surgery if are actually needed. Regarding the lateral fullness it could be treated by liposuction or by excision. It would be helpful to see some pictures.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastimplants.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Implants after breast reduction

+1

It is very possible to have breast implants after breast reduction.  This is a fairly common procedure actually.  I prefer a submuscular placement of the implants. Also it may be possible that you may need some skin excision or lift to make you look as good as you can.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after reduction

+1

Certainly a breast augmentation can be performed if you are a candidate. It sounds like you have lateral chest rolls adjacent to your  breasts, which certainly could be treated as well. An exam would be necessary to evaluate you properly.  Good luck.

Fat rolls can be removed

+1
If what is left on the sides if the breasts is fat and not dogears from the reduction, it can be liposuctioned. Augmentation can replace volume from your weight loss. Depending on which scars disturb you, an augment may be performed through those scars to produce a scar revision. Photos would be helpful to comment further.

Breast Augmentation after Previous Breast Reduction?

+1

Yes, it is possible to undergo breast augmentation surgery after previous breast reduction surgery has been performed. This can be done at the same time as scar revision and/or “side fat removal” is undertaken.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons  and make sure you see lots of examples of their work. Communicate your goals clearly (I prefer the use of goal pictures).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implants following Breast Reduction - often a smart choice

+1

The short answer is not only can it be done but from your description it sounds like the right operation for you. Specifically, an implant to fill out the top of your breast which tends to under go atrophy (involution changes) following weight loss, pregnancy and with age. It is a common procedure. Often there is too much volume on the bottom of your breasts and too little on top. The fat on the side of your chest wall is common and improves the appearance of your breast in many cases. The cost is dependent on a few things including where the surgery is being performed, if a nurse anesthetist vs anesthesiologist, amount of liposuction, if lift will also be required, length of surgery and complexity, etc. At your consultation you will be given an estimate. In this case seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.