I Had Breast Reduction and my Nipples Are Still Numb. Will I Ever Regain Full Sensation?

I had a breast reduction about 1 ½ years ago and I have regained some sensation in my nipples but I can't properly feel temperature (such as cold items, with which I tried to test this). I feel something if I pinch my nipple hard but if I just stroke it, I feel nothing. Does this mean the lack of sensation is permanent or is there any chance of regaining full sensation?

Nipple numbness after breast reduction

+1
Some patients may notice a decrease in nipple sensation. This is often a temporary issue that resolves on its own, but can also be permanent. It is difficult to say whether this will be permanent for you.

Loss of Sensation after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. The fact that you are slowly regaining sensation,  is positive. However, given that you are at 1.5 years out of your surgery (realistically speaking),  the chance of regaining “full sensation” is slight  In my opinion.