I Had a Breast Reduction and I No Longer Have Nipples - What Can Be Done?

Breast reduction and lost nipples

+1

Nipple and areola reconstruction can usually be performed as one does for mastectomy patients.  You just have to wait for everything to heal.

Nipple reconstruction

+1

Sorry to hear you had this complication of breast reduction. It is always a risk of breast reduction surgery. Nipple and areolar reconstruction can be performed with small flaps of tissue to make a nipple and the areola can be reconstructed with either a skin graft or a tattoo. We do a lot of these reconstructions in our office as part of breast cancer reconstruction and are quite expert at it. Good luck.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nipple loss after breast reduction

+1
I am sorry to hear that you had this complication, which is a recognized risk of breast reduction surgery. At this point, you have two options. The first is a flap for reconstruction of the nipple accompanied by a skin graft to recreate the areola. The alternative is reconstructing the nipple followed by tattoo to color in the areola. Best of luck as you pursue this!

Robert L. Kraft, MD