Should I Get a Breast Reduction and Lift? (photo)

I am 21 years old and 5"2. I weigh 115 lbs., and my breast size is 32DDD. They are natural, but I don't know if my breasts are saggy or just the natural shape that comes with big breasts of if big breasts just constitutes sagginess. I want to obtain the "ideal breast shape" for my self esteem, so I am considering a breast reduction to a 32D (34C) and a lift, but I am worried about scarring and realistic results versus unachievable expectations. What should I do?

Should I Get a Breast Reduction and Lift?

+1

"Should I Get a Breast Reduction and Lift?" Best to be seen IN PERSON by boarded PSs in your city. In my opinion based only on the posted photos you need a reduction/lift procedure. But there will/could be scars. 

Breast reduction or not?

+1

I appreciate your question. All breast reductions should provide a lift at the same time. Your ideal breast shape must come at the expense of scarring. I would meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to examine the potential results. However, if you are not having clinical problems of shoulder or neck pain I would wait a few years. You may be disappointed with the scars...

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

32 DDD and breast reduction vs lift

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Heavy breasts have more of a tendency to sag, as the weight of the breast tissue usually stretches the cooper's ligaments that give the breast its natural shape.  The skin itself is elastic and will do whatever is below it wants to do.  If the size of your breasts is bothering you, then I would consider a breast reduction, which also includes a breast lift to give them a more natural shape.  A breast lift alone will reduce the size of the breasts a small amount, some patients of mine have said they were happy with this result.  In regards to the scarring, you should discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon to better understand what happens when incisions are not made to improve the shape fo the breasts.  In addition, due to your age I would discuss the future ramifications of a breast reduction/lift (e.g. the ability to breast feed, further change in size from hormonal influences).  I hope this helps, and good luck in your endeavors.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Breast Reduction

+1

The common breast reduction patterns performed include a lift as well.  Either a vertical pattern or a full breast lift pattern would be appropriate in your case.

Breast reduction

+1

It looks like you are a good candidate for  lift or reduction. The photos of your wish results look like from an augmentation.  You will more than likely require either a lollipop type closure or aan Anchor type closure.

Breast Reduction

+1

Based on your pictures, it appears that you would benefit from a breast reduction.  As part of this surgery, a lift would be performed as well.  Please understand that traditional mastopexy (lollipop and anchor) incisions will be required to achieve the best shape.  So if you are looking for a limited incision lift or crescent lift, you will not get anywhere close to the shape you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

A breast lift is part of a breast reduction.

+1

The patient with double D cups commonly will functionally improved from a breast reduction. This operation includes repositioning the areola and reshaping the breast.

Reduction For Petite Patient With Large Breasts

+1

From your photos, it certainly appears that you are a good candidate for a reduction which would include lifting your breasts as well.  You must, however, be willing to accept some scarring.  Ask to speak to other patients who have had reductions.  In my experience they are among my happiest patients.

Breast reduction/lift will result in scars but also improved shape

+1

Kaydee2014: Breast reduction is a trade off: scars for improved shape, higher, smaller nipple-areolar complexes, better definition between your chest and abdomen.  Your ideal pics represent the results of a simpler procedure, i.e. breast aug where the scars are imperceptible.  So be careful of comparing apples with oranges.  Given your age, ht, wt and breast excess volume, I think you would have a great result, once you team up with a PS who can manage your expectations.  One other consideration: large busted women who develop early and amply may experience "regrowth" after pregnancy and/or menopause.  Shouldn't be an impediment to you proceeding because the extent of regrowth and droop will never be as significant. good luck.

Unrealistic Expectations of Outcome??

+1

The ideal shape & size photograph of breasts you have choosen appears to be a BREAST IMPLANT PATIENT?? Please do not compare breast implant patients with breast reduction patients. The post operative results are often entirely different. This will cause you to have very unrealistic expectations of outcome. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon