I had breast reduction and implants about 8 yrs ago. Implants coming out from muscle. Can you recommend a good doctor?

I have been seen in ER hospital due to pain. Please email any suggestions to  I went bk to Dr Ganghi new jersey and wants to charge 14 thousand for repair! Any referrals for nj Dr ? Thank you Jennifer
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

+1
I recommend Dr Barry DiBernardo in NJ. Just tell him I recommended you. But there is a fee and I expect it to be at least $10,000++

Implant extrusion after breast reduction

+1
If you had a breast reduction, then I am confused as to the need for implants.  This, by the way, would be deemed insurance fraud today in NY.  I suggest that you take a look at your insurance physician list and see if anyone who is board certified on that list will see and/or treat you.  Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

Based on your description, it sounds like you may be dealing with a breast implant displacement/malposition problem.  In other words, the breast implant is shifting outside of its surround “pocket” (capsule);  for some patients this may cause anesthetic/visual problems, for some patients the displacement may be associated with discomfort. Correction often involves suture “repair” of the breast implant capsule ( capsulorrhaphy). Sometimes the use of acellular dermal matrix may also be helpful, especially when the tissues have thinned out significantly or when  the breast implant displacement is associated with significant breast implant rippling/palpability also. When it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon I generally advise that patients start with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  In your case, it will be important to be comfortable that your plastic surgeon has significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Make your decisions carefully when it comes to selection of your plastic surgeon;  although no surgeon is perfect and every plastic surgeon has complications that require revisionary surgery,    revisionary surgery rates may vary from one surgeon to another. Also, remember that if revisionary surgery does become necessary,  it may be more expensive in many ways. Therefore, do not to make your decisions based on financial considerations primarily.  You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' website as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Patients should always consider a second opinion for a complex surgical issue

+1
I'm really not sure what you are describing but if it cost $14,000 there must be something fairly significant going on. I would go to the American society of plastic surgeon website and look for names of good surgeons in your area to get a second opinion.