Can Breast Reduction Also Involve Liposuction of the Chest Area or is It Requested Separately?

Contouring the breast during reduction surgery

+1
  In my practice I routinely performed liposculpting of the breast during  breast reduction. Different parts of the breasts need to be thinned in a specific fashion to achieve the desired result.  A skilled and talented surgeon will assess the patient’s existing anatomy and use whatever tools and techniques needed to sculpt an esthetically pleasing breast and  chest wall. 

Web reference: http://www.doctorackerman.com/Publications/index.html

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with breast reduction

+1

I used to liposuction the underarm fat roll in many of my patients at the same time as breast reduction.  This was back when I did all my reductions with an anchor incision which tends to cause bunching up of the fat and skin laterally. 

I switched to vertical breast reduction for most of my reductions over 10 years ago and the vertical technique reduces the width of the breast and often makes the underarm fat roll look much better and liposuction is not needed. 

In my opinion, the vertical technique also results in a nicer shape of breast with less of a boxy shape.  The vertical technique may not be appropriate for really, really huge reductions.  It's never one technique fits all, at least not in my practice.

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Combined liposuction and breast reduction

+1

As is obvious from my colleagues' answers, liposuction and breast reduction can be done at the same time. Some surgeons always do, some never. You would need to talk with your surgeon about what is best for you and exactly what surgical procedure he or she would recommend. Be sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that you are comfortable with the answers you get to your questions. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, Chest, Surgery

+1

Breast reduction can involve liposuction of the chest area. Specifically, it can involve the lateral chest area. However, not every patient is a candidate. If excess fat tissue of the lateral chest or axilla is a concern this should be brought to the attention of your surgeon. Breast reduction can be achieved through excision of excess skin and fat tissue, with liposuction or a combination of the two.

Liposuction with breast reduction

+1

Liposuction can be performed along with breast reduction if there is excess fat on the side of the breasts and chest to contour this area.  It is also sometimes done if there is a fatty deposit above the breast near the armpit. In some cases liposuction is also performed on the breast itself.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the lateral chest and breast reduction

+1

A standard breast reduction doesn't necessarily involve liposuction of the lateral chest wall. More often than not, this is a consequence of weight issue rather than being directly related to a breast issue. However, liposuction can be performed concurrent with a breast reduction that involves the chest area or even back, etc.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Breast Reduction and Liposuction

+1

There have been several reports in our journals by surgeons who do only liposuction to accomplish a breast reduction.  The only incisions are the small entry sites.  Typically, liposuction is used during a breast reduction to decrease the size of the incision, to reduce the rolls out on the sides of the rib cage, and to reduce the area in front of the pectoral muscle in the front of the armpit area.  All the best, "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and liposuction

+1

Liposuction can certainly be performed to compliment the results of a breast reduction.  This is commonly performed in the lateral chest/axillary region.

Yes, this is done commonly.

+1

Breast reduction surgery is a life style changing procedure.  We often include liposuction to the armpit area and sometimes the breast itself.

Web reference: http://www.breastreductionsanfrancisco.com/breast-reduction-liposuction.asp

Breast Reduction and Liposuction

+1

Women often ask to have the sides of the chest reduced during a breast reduction and sometimes it can be accomplished with liposuction. If you are already in the OR and asleep anyway the time involved for liposuction is minimal and we do not add to anything to the fee.