Breast Reduction After Weight Loss, Poor Skin Elasticity?

I am 27, and have lost 80 pounds over the last 2 years. My breasts were fully developed at a C/D cup by age 17, and began to droop shortly thereafter. After gaining weight, most of which was during a period when I was very ill and rarely wore a bra, you can only imagine how much the droop increased. I am now a 36 D/DD after weight loss, with severe droop and some sag. Is it realistic to think with a reduction I can acheive a C cup with reasonable lift? Worried because the skin is very stretched.

Breast Reduction and Breast Lift after Weight Loss

+2

Achieving C cup breasts from a starting size of D/DD is a very realistic goal. Breast reduction surgery will not only decrease the size of your breasts, it will also give your breasts a lift, even in breasts with stretched skin.

Thank you for your question. Best of Luck!

Not to worry

+2

We can fix big sagging breasts. As you age they may continue to droop, but sometimes you need a touch up years later.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Reduction/Lifting after Significant Weight Loss?

+2

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.

Your description of your  history and current breast exam provides a clear  “picture” of your situation. I think it is safe to say that you should do very well with breast reduction/lifting surgery. Of course, it would be best to do this operation when you have achieved a long-term stable weight  (if you are not there already).

I would suggest that you meet with board-certified plastic surgeons; ask to see lots of examples of their work, helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals clearly,  preferably without using bra cup size as a reference ( since cup sizes may vary from one bra manufacturer to another).

In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.  Show your plastic surgeon what you would like to achieve, as well as breasts that you find undesirable.

Breast reduction revision

+1

A breast reduction revision is possible but a full exam is essential to evaluate you properly.  Good luck.