Breast Reduction and Abdominal Liposuction Together

Having a breast reduction and possibly abdominal liposuction of entire trunk. It is better to have both procedures at once or separately? I know from some consultations the surgeon said they don't like to turn the patient after breast reduction and others said its fine, help?

Breast reduction and abdominal liposuction, same time?

+1
If you are in good health, you should be able to have the operations the same day. There are many variables, (how much liposuction, etc;). Best to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you will review your goals and see what is possible.

Breast Reduction/ Liposuction Combination?

+1

Although every patient's care is individualized,  generally speaking this combination surgery is more likely possible than not.  The determining factor will be whether the procedure can be done SAFELY  in one session.

As always, it is best for patients to be as close as possible to their long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with surgery.  

It will be in your best interest to seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

If done safely, combining cosmeic procedures can save our atients both time and money, and is definitely worth

+1

discussing with your surgeon.  In fact, breast reduction and liposuction go very well together, and adding another hour of surgery time should not increase your risks compared with a second operation and a second anesthesia time.  In addition, if you can go through one combined recovery period, rather than two separate ones, you can lose less time overall.  One of the best things about combining breast reduction with liposuction of the trunk, is that often the breast reduction portion is covered by insurance, and you can save money on the operating room and anesthesia expenses.  An experienced surgeon will be able to review the pluses and minuses of this approach with you, and you should not hesitate to discuss your thoughts with him or her...

Michael H. Rosenberg, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and abdominal liposuction

+1

Yes this is possible but it leads me to ask if this is your best approach or should you consider more traditional forms of weight loss in order to achieve your goal. Liposuction is inteded for localized fat and not diffiusely distributed deposits surrounding the entire trunk

Combining cosmetic surgery

+1

It is very common to perform liposuction with a reduction mammoplasty or breast reduction.  The plastic surgeon can start the liposuction of the back/posterior trunk before the breast surgery.

In an outpatient surgery center, one liter of fat (lipoaspirate) can be removed at the same time of other cosmetic surgical procedures. If a large amount of fat is suctioned, up to 4 liters, then the procedures would have to be performed separately.

If the total time of surgery is longer than six hours, I often recommend to perform the reduction mammoplasty and liposuction separately.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Combination Procedures

+1

Whether I perform multiple procedures depends on whether the procedures are complex,  take more than 6 hours and the overall health of the patient.  If you are in good health and the procedure is less than 6 hours then liposuction on your back can be performed first then you can be placed o your back and liposuction performed on your abdomen and finally the breast reduction.  Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

In Florida this combination in an office surgery suite limits the liposuction to 1 liter ONLY. If in hospital or Ambulatory center the limit is 4 liters. The real restriction is the blood loss from the breast reduction that in my opinion should be the primary part of the operation. Best of luck. 

Liposuction and breast reduction

+1

In healthy patients I perform combined procedures all the time.  It should not be a problem to have these 2 procedures performed together.

Combination surgery

+1

Combining liposuction of the trunk with breast reduction surgery can be done safely. Your overall health will be a key factor in the decision making process by your board certified plastic surgeon. Positioning concerns can be easily overcome by performing the liposuction of the back first and the breast reduction after.

I hope this was helpful. good luck with your surgery.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Trunk liposuction and breast reduction usually done together.

+1

Hi.

If you are a good candidate, this is a safe combination. First we put you face down and do liposuction of the back. Then we turn you face up and do liposuction of abdomen and breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)