Possible to Predict Cup Size After Breast Reduction?

I am having a breast reduction. I am 4'11" and weight about 118 lbs. I am wearing a 34d now. I will be having 300 grams of tissue per breast removed. What cup size will I be after surgery?

Breast Reduction and Resulting Cup Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Bra cup size concerns

+1

8666anon. Your insurance company has specified 300g/side as a condition for your breast reduction.  Your height and weight make you eminently eligible for this procedure.  I agree with the other consultants that there is a huge variability between lingerie manufacturers in cup size and that it's difficult to "guarantee" a specified cup size, especially if your PS is obliged to remove a certain weight per side.  That being said, dense breast tissue usually weighs more than fatty breast tissue.  So if your breasts are predominantly glandular, you may be able to satisfy both insurance requirements as well as your own aesthetic ideals. Ultimately, you should be able to derive both the functional benefits of offloading your chest, as well as the cosmetic advantages of having a more shapely bust.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Breast size after reduction

+1

It is hard to predict the exact cup size after a breast reduction.  I am sure the doctor said that a 300 gm reductionis an estimate of the volume that would be removed.  A "D" cup may be reduced to a "C" or even a large "B" in a small person.

Bra cup sizes are not consistent throughout clothing industry

+1

If I gave you a waist, leg length and weight measurement, could you predict a pant size. The answer is no. I could give you an estimate. However, the problem is different clothes designers use different sizing criteria. The same goes for breasts, I have patients tell me that they go to popular lingeries stores and are told different bra sizes everytime they go. I would guess you go down 1.5 to 2 cup sizes but this only an estimate.