I have a really large chest 38 G cup. Can I Get a Breast Reduction at 14?

I have a really large chest--38 G--and I am only 14 years old! Plus, my chest already sags a little--I'm going to guess it's because of gravity. Anyways, my back and shoulders hurts at times, and my posture is OK, I guess. Having a large chest is very uncomfortable at times when I swim, work out, and just in general! Oh, I also have scoliosis, but not bad enough to have to wear a brace. I'm just wondering if I am too young to get a breast reduction, or should I wait until I'm older?

Breast Reduction for 14 Year Old?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.
As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).
On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).
Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction at 14

+1

It is not common for patients under 18 or 19 to get a great reduction , but I have performed this surgery on patients in some situations when they have extremely large breasts.  you have to understand that if you are still growing, they may grow some more after surgery.  It is best for you to go with your parents permission to a plastic surgeon to her evaluated.

Can I Get a Breast Reduction at 14?

+1

Although breast reduction is usually not recommended under the age of 18, I do not believe you should suffer for another four years for burocratic reasons

You should be fully evaluated by a  plastic surgeon  who specializes in breast reduction or a university plastic surgery department

Photographs , height and weight would be helpful

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction for a 14 year old

+1
insurance will not cover a breast reduction for a 14 year old, even with a G cup. You should explore conservative medical management until you reach age 18, at which point you should be fully developed and then eligible to undergo breast reduction surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD