Philadelphia Alloderm Breast Reconstruction Doctor Recommendations

Does anyone know any experienced doctors performing the One Step Breast Implant with Alloderm for breast cancer patients advised to have a mastectomy in the Philadelphia area? I cannot go elsewhere per insurance. I am referring to the "One Step" procedure that everyone seems to rave about. I find it near impossible to find a Plastic Surgeon doing this in my area. So disheartening.

AlloDerm One-step Implant Reconstruction

+1

You may or may not be a candidate for the one-step implant reconstructive procedure.  I suggest that you contact AlloDerm directly for the name of a Plastic Surgeon in the Philadelphia area performing this procedure.  The local rep will certainly be aware if anyone is.

One step breast surgery using Alloderm

+1

Check with Dr. Louis Bucky in Philadelphia. He might be able to help you or refer you to someone locally who can. However, do not get caught up in exactly what type of procedure you have. Choose someone who has a lot of experience, more important than the "latest" procedure, and who gets consistently good results.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

"One Step" may not be the best

+1

I would not feel so disheartened about not finding someone to perform a "One Step" procedure. Even though the idea sounds great, in reality there are realitively few patients who are good candidates for the procedure. If it is done, often a "revisional" surgery is still necessary later to "fine tune" the results. Also, Alloderm is incredibly expensive and many hospitals (at least in my area) don't carry the size required for the procedure.

After a mastectomy, you want the best cosmetic result possible so I would meet with several plastic surgeons and ask to see pictures of their reconstructions. Get their opinion on the best option for you and go with the physician who makes you feel the most comfortable and has good results.

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD
Minnesota Plastic Surgeon