Which Breast Procedure Would Work Best for Me? (photo)

I am 35 and have always had very large and pendulous breasts; but now they're flat. I lost a lot of weight which resulted in looser skin and reduced me from a JJ to an DD. Right now I'm about an F. My back hurts; I want my breasts to look natural but be round and sit closer to my chest. I have no children but hope to have one child in the next two years and would like to breast feed. I'd also like to maintain sensitivity in my nipples. What options are available to me? Procedure costs?

Which Breast Procedure Would Work Best for Me?

+1

Given your back pain, you may want to consider a small reduction and a breast lift at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast procedure options

+1

It appears from your photos that you would benefit from a breast reduction/lift.  This would be done through a anchor pattern (a scar around your areola, with a vertical extension down to the fold, and horizontally along your breast crease).  Your breasts will be higher on your chest as a result but it is unlikely that you would have much upper breast fullness.  Your plastic surgeon's office will discuss insurance vs. cash pay for the procedure.  Price varies depending on the procedures you choose (i.e. implants) and by region.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

+1

Great and happy for your weight loss. Best choice is Reduction/lift of breasts. Understand that scars can occur 

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos. When I see a patient with your anatomy I would normally recommend a lift and reduction to elevate and reshape your natural tissue. I would recommend against an augmentation at that time as it may not be necessary after you see the lift results. It is always better to avoid implants when you can because once you have them there will always be future maintenance. You have an advantage over the patient with very little breast tissue because there treatment must include implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Best for you

+1

Hi Gina77,

Your options are either breast reduction, breast lift, or breast lift with implants.  Your incisions will be the same for either option, anchor type of lift with incision around the areola, a vertical, as well as a horizontal. It is my opinion that you currently are not too large, but clearly very low.  A lift in your case will give you the appearance of much smaller breasts.  Reducing your volume, in my opinion will make you too flat and small proportionately.  I suspect that your back pain will improve despite not having a reduction.  I think you should consider using an implant, not so much for volume, but for better shape, better cleavage, and more upper pole fullness.

One of my concerns is that you plan to have a child within the next two years.  If, in fact, you plan for this, I would consider holding off on this procedure until after the baby.  A child in two years means that you would like to be carrying in approximately one year.  It will take a full six months for you to heal and settle down.  that leaves you approximately 6 months to enjoy the results.  There is a high likelihood that you will need a revision after child bearing.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Which Breast Procedure?

+1

Depending upon whether you wish to be smaller or not, you should be considering a full breast lift or a breast reduction. Both would use the same incision pattern (anchor)  and both would have similar but low chances of interfering with the possibility of nursing. Many large breasted women have trouble nursing with or without surgery. 

Fees will vary from region to region, office to office. Average would be 7,000 to 11,000. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.