Will Breast Implants Help Lift my Nipple and Decrease the Visual Stretch Marks?

I Absolutely hate the way my breast look! My nipples are to low for the size which are to small, especially for the size of my areola. I'm 19 years old with no children. Growing up fat also left me with VERY noticeable stretch marks (they stand out alot since my completion is tan) I am considering breast implants but since i have been reading i wanted to know if i also needed a breast augmentation? i know you cannot get rid of stretchmarks but will this help not make them stand out so much?

Augmentation alone is not the answer

+1
Implants will increase your breast volume and help give you more cleavage - you may get a small lift of your nipple areola complex with implants alone, but it is unlikely that you will be happy with your nipple position without a breast lift. Implants will stretch your areola - I would consider having a breast lift to reduce your areolas and lift your nipples at the time of augmentation. Unfortunately these procedures will not solve the problem of your stretch marks. Stretch to skin with your hands to mimic the tenser appearance of stretch marks with implants in place to see if you think this is an improvement. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation Does Not Get Rid of Stretch Marks

+1

It’s always hard to make recommendations without performing a physical examination; however your pictures suggest several problems, including breast hypoplasia, breast sag and stretch marks.

Although you are interested in breast enlargement, there are limits regarding what can be accomplished with this procedure.  Unfortunately, breast augmentation will have no effect on your stretch marks.  Further more, there is no widely accepted treatment that actually removes them.  This is a problem that you will have to live with unless new technology is developed.

It’s important to realize that breast augmentation may not affect your breast sag.  This will possibly require either a breast lift or a modified breast augmentation utilizing a biplaner technique.  When breast sag is not effectively dealt with a complication known as a double bubble can occur.

If you’re considering breast augmentation, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be an appropriate next step. This surgeon will be able to formulate a treatment plan that is specific for your problem.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Will Breast Implants Help Lift my Nipple and Decrease the Visual Stretch Marks

+1

Breast implants cannot always be predictable in their results.  Individuals must be evaluated to see if an implant might raise their nipple areolar complex.  Sometimes stretch marks may be made more tense and less noticeable with implants. Again this is unpredictable in most patients. In reviewing the photograph I don’t think this patient needs an implant but probably needs a mastopexy.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Breast augmentation, nipple lifting, and stretch marks.

+1

No two patients are exactly the same.  While it is possible that the height of a woman's nipple position could be elevated with breast implants and it is possible to decrease the appearance of stretch marks on a woman's breasts by putting the skin on more stretch with the aid of underlying implant, I am not sure that this is necessarily the best answer for the woman in the picture above associated with this question. First of all it appears that she has a decent sized breast with a near grade 2 ptosis (significant sagging).  I am pretty certain that an implant in this particular situation will only lead to further sagging and lowering of the position of the nipple. Additionally, the size of the areola will also become wider. While I cannot be entirely certain unless I were able to examine the patient firsthand, it appears that this woman may be better off with a breast lift.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Implants may make large areola even larger with ? effect on stretch marks

+1

An implant will stretch your skin which may make the striae (stretcn marks) less noticeable. However it will also make the areola stretch as well and make them appear larger. With the use of a dual plane apporach and release of the parenchyma, the nipples may appear slightly higher but the implants will conversely appear slightly lower.

Laser and Mastopexy recommended

+1

The only FDA-approved laser for stretchmarks is the Palomar 1540 Lux.  We are using it in my office with excellent results.  Several treatments are necessary but improvement is obvious with each treatment.  Implans will not raise your nipples more than 1 or 2 centimeters and will add volume to your breasts.  If you want to elevate your nipples, a breast lift, or mastopexy, is necessary.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Breast implants, lifts, and stretch marks

+1

Properly fitted and positioned breast implants will do nothing to stretch marks. In my experience they will not look better or worse. There is currently no way to remove them and some modalities can temporarily make stretch marks look less noticeable but it's not likely to be permanent and may actually worsen them if overdone. 

The only way to truly raise your nipple-areola to a higher level, reduce the areolar size, or bring them in to a less lateral position is by a lift procedure which could possibly be done as a peri-areolar incision. I would not recommend an implant at the same time. I would choose one or the other first. 

Your breasts are not too low and could be augmented with an implant alone and the nipple position will look higher but breast implants do not lift nipples, they thrust them forward from behind. With a properly fitted implant you could look bigger and more filled out but the areolar size and nipple position would be the same. Think of breast implants as a pillow. The basics of your breast are not changed. It only fills it out from behind. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants to lift nipple and decrease stretch marks?

+1

Breast implants are for volume.  There is a very minor lift of the nipple that sometimes will happen with the volume change.  If you want the areola size reduced and/or the nipples up, you need a lift. 

Stretch marks are scars in the dermis.  They are permanent.  I would not treat your stretch marks with implants.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Implants don't help stretch marks.

+1

Implants wont help with stretch marks.  Actually sometimes the stretch marks can become slightly more noticeable.  The best way to determine what a breast augmentation will do for the stretch marks is to use your hands to stretch the skin slightly (mimicking the tighter skin that will result from breast augmentation) and look at the stretch marks.

Implants will lift the nipple slightly and will help to improve the contour of your breasts as well.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of breast stretchmarks with large areola

+1

By the photos I would say the issues are nipples slightly lower and further away from the midline than is optimal, enlarged areolae and stretchmarks. If you just put breat implants in they will do nothing to improve these issues. Unfortunately there is nothing good or reliable for removal of these stretchmarks. Implants will either have no effect or make them more visible. Very large implants can make the areolae larger but no size implant can make them smaller. If you just want the nipple position adjusted and the areolar diameter decreased then you could have your surgeon cut an elliptical incision around each areola. A purse string suture is then placed in the surrounding skin edge to control areola diameter and/or a small triangle of skin is removed from the bottom of the ellipse. This is designed in such away that after closure the nipple is raised and shifted a bit towards the midline. Problems associated with the purse string suture are swollen puffy appearance of the areola for months afterward and the suture can break, loosen or pull through after some time.

Aaron Stone, MD