Breast Plant Encapsulated for Years Now Bleeding at Nipple?

I have a history of breast encapsulations and after 3 tries, have learned to live many years with my left breast hard, disconfigured and painful. My first one was "popped" with pressure, ended up having a replacement of one, since then both redone 2 times. 1 year ago I noticed lump near my nipple. It feels like an area had opened up that my implant could squeeze through just a little bit. Now that area that looks like skin folds is bleeding enough that I have to keep a pad on it. Please help!

See your surgeon asap

+1
Considering that it's been a while since you've had your surgery, any bleeding should be tended to immediately. You should see your surgeon asap.

Hello

+1

It sounds like you need to see a PS in your area ASAP. Bleeding from your breast after surgery in normal, but not normal if its been years since your surgery. good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast lump and bleeding

+1
Regardless of a history of capsular contractures, bleeding and a lump are abnormal. I don't know why you have waited for a year but these signs could represent breast cancer and you need to seek diagnosis immediately from a breast specialist- in person and not on the Internet. Best of luck to you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Any new lump, skin change or bleeding of the breast is a medical concern and must be evaluated by a Physician urgently

+1

Even following a breast augmentation procedure, a new lump, hardness, swelling, change in the skin color, texture or bleeding from the nipple area is extremely concerning and could indicate a tumor or inflammatory condition.

Capsular contracture can cause an augmented breast to feel firm, have some distortion or be painful, but a proper evaluation is still necessary to rule out other potential causes of your symptoms. 

If any of these sign occur, even years after your surgery, seek medical attention immediately!  Call your Family Doctor, your Plastic Surgery, a Breast Surgeon, OB-GYN or a walk-in clinic for a complete history and physical examination. 

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.C.

Karen M. Horton, MD

Need to be seen asap for breast bleeding

+1

As others have said, this is distinctly NOT normal and you need to seek asap evaluation of the lump and the bleeding.  Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lump and Bleeding?

+1

I would strongly suggest that you seek in-person consultation with your primary care physician. The presence of a “lump” and bleeding are concerning.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you the assistance required.

Bleeding at Nipple

+1

Neither the lump and the nipple bleeding fit in any definition of "normal" and both need evaluation. See your surgeon or your primary physician, and in the unlikely event of getting reassurance with no evaluation, seek additional opinion. 

Please post follow up so we can all learn from this.Thanks and best wishes.