Breast Pain 3 Weeks Post Second Breast Surgery?

3 weeks post second breast surgery to correct " entrap nerve" to left breast - 4 months post lift with augmentation. Now, left breast is extremely firm , painful, and swollen. Pain now is constant. Can't sleep due to unable to get comfortable. PS wants to wait a month to see what will happen. In the mean time very frustrated and concern. Have not been pain free since original surgery in August. Not sure what to do next.

Pain after breast revision

+1

A single breast that is firm, painful, and swollen is concerning for bleeding or infection.  If your surgeon has already evaluated you, then your surgeon feels that these symtpoms are normal and not concerning for bleeding/infection.  It will probably improve over time, just follow your surgeon's directions.

+1

Two problems I hear.

• Pain
  • Firm swollen breast.

Both are troublesome, the latter could have urgency. If you were my patient with that story I would want to see you today. If this were a seroma, hematoma or infection, I would want to plan and commence whatever treatment that was appropriate.Other less urgent possibilities are considerations, including capsular contracture.

As to the pain, that is a little less straightforward. Does your surgeon feel that he knows the cause, Was an entrapped nerve found at the second operation?  

Thanks for your questions Best wishes for a speedy resolution to these problems.

Major pain three weeks after breast surgery should be investigated.

+1

It's unfortunate that you're experiencing what sounds like severe pain after breast surgery three weeks ago. So discomfort at your stage of convalescence is expected but should not be severe. You should check with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are healing properly.

Breast Pain and Swelling at 3 Weeks

+1

Any significant increase in swelling following surgery needs to be evaluated by the plastic surgeon.  If your surgeon has determined that this is just swelling, then you may want to give your recovery a little longer.  Scar tissue will soften and swelling will subside. 

Breast Pain

+1

Unclear what an "entrap nerve" means but if you are still experiencing pain and are unhappy with the result, it may benefit you to be evaluated by another board certified plastic surgeon for an additional opinion.  Without pictures it is impossible to try and give an opinion but based on the description you may have a capsular contraction forming.  Talk to your surgeon.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

you either have a hematoma, capsular contracture, or a smoldering infection, all of these will require additional surgery. Sounds like bad luck sorry

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon