What To Do About Breast Pain 1 Year After Stitching Pocket

I've had my implants for about 6 years, but last year I had stitches added to the breast pockets to make the implants sit closer. Everything healed fine, except I have incredibly sharp pain in my left breast whenever pressure is applied to it. I can't sleep on my stomach, wear tight sports bras, or get massages anymore. At times the pain is so bad it brings tears to my eyes. My surgeon moved to Canada so I can't go back and see him. Do I need to go see a new doctor? Thanks!!

Breast pain after augmentation revision

+2

Pain like this that persists for more than a few months is usually due to a trapped nerve.  If aggressive massage (try deep massage with a sturdy vibrator) does not begin to temper the sensation then surgery may be indicated. 

Proper "systematic desensitization" technique (with vibrator or deep finger pressure) begins with pressure (finger or vibrator) applied a few inches away from the sensitive spot.  Work the pressure slowly toward the area of maximum pain and then quickly release the pressure so you are not torturing yourself.  Do this 10-12 times in a row 3-5 times a day and you may begin to experience some relief.

Post op breast pain

+2

It sounds to me like you have a neuroma. This is a condition caused by a nerve being trapped in a suture, or upon being stretched or injured, sprouting ends create a very fiscally painful area. A good examination will help decide if this is the problem. A nerve block can help diagnose this. If it is a neuroma, an ablation of the nerve can be performed using radio frequency or alcohol injection. 

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Pain after pocket adjustment

+1

Pain should be evaluated by a surgeon. It could be many different things including an entrapped nerve as some have suggested.

Pain after Breast Implant Revision

+1

Hi there-

It's difficult to say what might be causing your pain, but I would be concerned that you have a problem requiring management.

Visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of breast surgery experience in your area for an evaluation. 

Armando Soto, MD

Pain one year after breast augmentation

+1
You should be evaluated by another board certified plastic surgeon. Let me also add that, when a doctor leaves practice or relocates out of the area, in NY, he is required to notify all patients of his new location and the location of all medical records. I would suggest that you google your doctor, call him in Canada and inquire as to the whereabouts of your medical chart as this would be tremendously beneficial for any new doctor assuming your care.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Pain 1 year after Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

It is unusual to have pain for long after your surgery. Contact your former plastic surgeon to see if can recommend anyone in your area. If not, there are more than a few good and qualified Board Certified plastic surgeons in Las Vegas. (You may start by going to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and look for the Find a Surgeon tab.)

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Yes, it would be in your best interest to be examined  by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon ( With significant experience doing revisionary breast surgery). Direct physical examination  will be important in making a diagnosis and hopefully developing a treatment plan.