Breast Pain Very Scared!

I've had saline under the muscle implants for 5 yrs. I got a deep tissue massage 1 week ago on my back. It was very uncomfortable for my boobs. After a while my left boob started to hurt a lot so she stopped. Afterwards when I looked at my left breast there was a small red bump which hurt to press on. My left breast is burning and hurts to press on. my nipple is sensitive. The bottom half of the areola hurts when i press on it where the valve is. did i damage the valve or tissue or chest muscle?

Difficult to know if the bump arose from the massage

+3

Based on your provided information, it is difficult to know if the bump arose from the massage or was simply painful because of the massage.  It is very possible that an infection in the skin became worse with the massage.  If the lesion becomes worse or fails to improve in the next several days, it would be prudent to see your family doctor or sugeon. With your photos provided, I doubt there to be a problem with the implant itself.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain Following Massage

+1

Based on the information and photos you provided, it is highly unlikely that your back massage has damaged your breast implant.  Most likely, you have a soft tissue infection that may have been aggravated by pressure on your breast during the massage. I recommend that you be evaluated by your plastic surgeon to ensure that you receive proper treatment. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain After Massage

+1

The combination of your symptoms may be related to the experience, but also different. It is likely that the pain could be related to the breast compression during the massage, but there is not normally skin lesions. This could be a contact dermatitis from the table or robe depending upon the circumstances. 

See your physician or a dermatologist to evaluate the skin area.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast augmentation

+1
You can not be sure if the deep tissue massage and the breast pain are related. The red bumps you describe are unusual. You should see your surgeon and have them evaluate

David L. Abramson, MD

Red Bump on Breast After Massage

+1

It is hard to say wether the massage and the bump on your breast are directly related but you certainly have a red bump and are having pain and tenderness.  Lying on your breasts and having a deep tissue massage could have put pressure on the implant, capsule and muscle.  The first question I would ask is if you recently removed any hair around the nipple areolar area.  It appears you may have a "blocked hair follicle or pore" or simply put- a pimple.  This can cause pain and tenderness as well.  Have your plastic surgeon examine you.  They can check to see if there is any evidence of any implant problems and give you recommendations to treat the red bump.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon