Why Do I Have Breast Pain After Breast Reduction Three Years Ago?

Hello I had a breast reduction surgery three years ago haven't had any pain until now and it feels like the surgery all over agaHello I had a breast reduction surgery three years ago haven't had any pain until now and it feels like the surgery all over aga

Breast pain three years after breast reduction is probably not related to the operation.

+1

Women can have breast pain for a variety of reasons. It is unlikely that breast reduction pain would persist for three years. Other causes of pain need to be explored.

Breast pain

+1

I would recommend a visit to your surgeon or your regular OB/Gyn.  The breast pain you are experiencing may be unrelated to your breast reduction surgery.  Further testing may be necessary in order learn more about the cause.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

+1

I recommend that you see your plastic surgeon for evaluation. With breast pain it is important that you obtain a mammogram.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain After Breast Reduction Three Years Ago?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. As you know, online consultants, despite best intentions, will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice. You will be best off seeing your family practitioner and/or plastic surgeon for in person examination. It is possible that your current discomfort is not related to the breast reduction procedure. On the other hand, you may be dealing with a postoperative problem such as neuroma (nerve caught in scar tissue), which may be treatable.

Again, only in person evaluation will provide your physicians with enough information to make diagnosis and treatment recommendations.

Breast pain

+1

If your breast pain is a rather new developement, I would suggest that you have your breasts examined and possibly get a mammagram. You have well healed from your breast reduction surgery at this time. If you have had an injury to your breast, that could explain the pain. You might want to discuss this first with your plastic surgeon. Good luck to you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after Breast reduction

+1

It is unusual to develop breast pain so long after surgery especially if you have been pain free for so long.

In the month after surgery, it is not unusual whilst you heal to have a degree of expected discomfort. Three years down the track, you are well healed.

I suggest you see your plastic surgeon for a thorough assessment.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon