Breast Overhang After Lift? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post op vertical breast. Lift with 400 cc mod plus silicone implants under muscle. I am just wondering how much overhang is normal after breast lift. Right now my left breast has dropped lower than my right .. Righty is taking a while to catch up ... I think they look pretty and are natural but I definitely would fail the pencil test! Is this normal for 6 weeks out? Am I destined for another lift in the future? Also I can feel the implant in the lower pole of my breast.

Redo Lift?

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Your result is very good.  You are just 6 weeks out and you still will have some settling but your breast during that settling time will not lift up.  Regardless of your surgical outcome aging continues and a lift may be need as you get older.

Dr. ES

Vertical lift and implants

+2

I think that your breasts look very good. They are still settling. All natural looking breasts rest on the ribs a bit unless they are an "A" or small "B".

6 weeks is too soon to worry

+2

I agree your surgery looks very good. Breast surgery is difficult because there are two breasts that usually heal at different rates. In addition no two breasts are exactly alike. A breast lift will move the nipple complex to the middle of the breast. If the breasts are large enough there will be a positive pencil test.  Sometimes the distance from the nipple to the crease will get longer over time this can be adjusted with additional surgery. Your plastic surgeon can walk you through this process. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon