Why is One Breast Lower Than the Other? (photo)

It's been 8 months since my BA and my right breast keeps getting sagging. The left breast is firmer and higher. I don't believe at this point my left breast will drop and stay even to the right one. Did my surgeon make a mistake? Was the pocket open too big for the right breast? The right breast keeps getting lower. How can I fix the problem? Revision is the only soloution?

Breast asymmetry

+1

There are 3 possible reasons for your asymmetry.  First, would be a pre-existing asymmetry between your breasts.  Pre-op photos would help determine this.  Second, would be a capsular contracture of your left breast.  If your left breast is very firm, this may be the reason.  The third reason would be bottoming out of your right breast.  At this point, your only fix is surgery unfortunately.  Good luck.

Why is One Breast Lower Than the Other?

+1

My bet is you were very asymmetric before surgery. that is why you need to post a before photo so we can compare. Yes you will need revision surgery. 

Why is One Breast Lower Than the Other?

+1

Provided that the left breast does not have capsular contracture, you could consider a revision augmentation to try to improve symmetry.  However, preoperative photos would be necessary to give advice on how much better the symmetry could be.  I do not see a technical error in this result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

One breast lower?

+1

Thanks for your photos but they really do not look bad at all.  You may have some mild asymmetries but most people naturally have asymmetric breasts.  Your implants should have good mobility (unless it was a textured implant) and upper poles near level.  If that is the case and you still are concerned about your asymmetries, you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see what options may be available to you.

Breast augmentation asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

It looks like the left implant pocket is higher than the right.  The level of the pockets can be made more equal with a revision.  Overall you do not have a bad result, and it is important to deal with any asymmetry you might have had before surgery.

Uneven implants

+1
It is impossible to say exactly what is going on or the best way to fix it without examining you or at least seeing your before pictures. By 8 months after surgery, I wouldn't expect the left implant to drop any further. I also wouldn't expect the right one to drop much further. It is likely based on your pictures that you had some asymmetry before surgery. You can look at your before pictures or talk to your surgeon to determine this. Asymmetry can often be fixed during surgery, but sometimes the breasts will still heal differently because of differences in the amount or elasticity of the skin and breast tissue. 
Capsular contracture (or hardening of the normal scar tissue pocket that develops around the implant) could be another reason for the difference. If your implant feels more firm on the left, then capsular contracture is the likely diagnosis. There is medication that can be used if you catch capsular contracture early in the process (within a few weeks of noticing the difference), but often a return to the OR is the only way to fully address the issue.
Most likely you will need some revision surgery to improve the symmetry, and I recommend a visit with your surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breast

+1

You certainly do have asymmetry. This may have been present preoperatively, and if so, often looks more pronounced after augmentation. Corrective surgery can improve the symmetry, but may not make them exactly even. As stated by others, precisely what will need to be done will be dependent on the cause of the asymmetry. This will require an in person examination to determine. This is normal complication and is not related to your surgeon making a mistake during the procedure.

Uneven breasts after surgery

+1

You have uneven breasts following your breast augmentation procedure, but exactly why cannot be determined exactly in this forum.  To do that would require an exam.  However, I'd like to offer a couple of suggestions of possible causes for this.  First, you could have capsule contracture on the left.  This should be easy to rule in or out, because if the left breast is firm or hard, you have your answer.  It appears to me that your left breast is smaller than your right because it is narrower, and smaller in volume.  Also the nipple is higher on that side.  You have not posted any preop pictures, but I suspect that you had some asymmetry before surgery.  In that case, the surgery simply did not go far enough to correct the asymmetry.  If this was the case, one would also suspect that the right breast would be looser than the left, and that would explain the greater ptosis (sagging) on the right.  If you want improved symmetry, you will most likely require a revision.  What that would be depends to a large degree on which breast you like better.  You should meet with your surgeon for a comprehensive discussion about your current status, your goals, and options for moving forward.  Good luck.