One Breast is a Lot Higher, is This Normal?

Im 43 yrs old, previous 34AA 120 lbs 5'4. My surgery was 3 weeks ago: mentor 325 cc on each breast under the muscle. Around 4 days after surgery, I started noticing my right breast was dropping and lookinggreat, while my left continues to sit really high and I do feel some pressure specially in the mornings. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? I talked to my dtr he said that left looks higher, suspended the massages from the top on the right and said to doble the massg on the left.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise  you since he/ she knows your  situation best. For example, your plastic surgeon knows if you started out with some breast asymmetry ( before surgery),  exactly what was found and done during surgery, and exactly what your  physical examination is currently.

You may be dealing with differential breast implant “settling”;   breast symmetry may improve with time. It is not uncommon for this process to take anywhere from 3 months to one year postoperatively.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out and treat  complications such as encapsulation,  which can cause breast asymmetry.

Asymmetry after sub-muscular breast augmentation

+2

Asymmetry after sub-muscular breast augmentation is not uncommon, especially early in the post-op course.  Long term it can be a problem due to the activity of the muscle moving the implant out of position.  Continue with your doctor's recommendation for massage, and consider wearing a bandeau bra (that has a strap that provides steady pressure on the upper pole of each breast).  Wait at least 3 months to see how things setlle.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Dropping At Different Rates After Breast Augmentation

+1
I wouldn't be too concerned about this. It is very common for one breast to heal faster than the other. It is also common for one breast to drop sooner than the other. Please allow for up to 4 months to see the results of your surgery. By that time, your breasts will have dropped and the tightness will have subsided as well. Please follow your surgeon's instructions.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Asymmetry After #BreastAugmentation

+1

Without photos it is impossible to tell you specific information, however, it is common for the breasts to proceed at different paces. I would recommend staying in close contact with your surgeon and be patient as much of the initial issues related to breast augmentation will resolve with time.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Hi Ele.  It's very common to have asymmetry early after breast augmentation. This can be the result of swelling, your body's natural asymmetry, and many other issues. I suggest you keep all of your appointments with your board certified plastic surgeon and follow his/her advice.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Implant positioning in the early post-augmentation trecovery.

+1

Breast implants, particularly under the muscle, often times take weeks to "drop" into position. There are many techniques to speed this process including bra straps across the upper poles and aggressive massage. At three weeks, you are still early and the implants are likely to change. Follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions and give it time.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon