5 Weeks Post BA - My Right Breast Looks a Lot Bigger Than my Left

I had breast implants 5 weeks ago and over the last week or so I'm noticing that the right one is noticeably bigger. It is fuller, rounder and just bigger overall. I think that I noticed the right one being a little bit rounder after surgery but not significantly bigger. Is this just because it's taking longer to drop or is 5 weeks a good indicator of what they will look like forever? I really loved them until the last week or 2 when either the left got smaller or the right got bigger!

Uneven breasts

+1

Hi,

You are still early in the breast augmentation post op period.  You need to wait at least 6 months to determine if there is a revision necessary.

Be patient.  Work with your plastic surgeon and you will eventually be more happy.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Everyone's breasts are a bit different both before and after surgery. No two will ever look exactly the same.  But it is still a bit early.

Breast Asymmetry after breast implant augmentation

+1

Without photos and details of the procedure and implants used, it is difficult to assess the cause of your asymmetry. I am concerned that you only recently noticed that and there may be several reasons for this. Some of these may require diagnostic evaluation and/or treatment.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

If the right breast is firm compared with the left, that may indicate a seroma in the implant pocket. An ultrasound is also helpful in these cases. If this is a recent change, I recommend scheduling a follow up with your surgeon to compare photos from the last few visits and the preoperative photos. Many times, asymmetries between breasts that seem small are magnified after an augmentation and become much more apparent.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast bigger

+1

If your breast is actually bigger 5 weeks post op you wonder if there is fluid buildup.also if the breast is firmer than that may be a tip off that there is fluid.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 5 Weeks after Augmentation Should be Checked by Surgeon

+1

Although there may be an innocuous reason for your breast asymmetry, one would not generally expect to see significant differences in the size of your breasts 5 weeks post-op.  You should be checked by your surgeon so that he/she can determine if there is a problem which should be attended to (implant deflation, etc.).