Can I Have Breast Liposuction and Donut Lift with Implants After?

I am 45 yo,5'4 34D breasts, very nice elastic skin. I've always wanted somewhat smaller breasts with fullness on top. I've recently learned that liposuction is possible in the breasts, and if it works or me it would be ideal because the scarring of traditional reduction was really not a tradeoff I was willing to endure. You can see I have a little indentation on my shoulders and sometimes I get irritation under my breasts. I also want fullness on top. Maybe a small implant after?

Reduciton and lift followed by staged implant or fat grafting for upper fullness

+2

Absolutely. This is a reasonable approach. Liposuction with donut lift. Donut lift with lower pole resection and benelli style round block resection and medial to lateral pillar plication. Staged implant or selective fill of upper pole of breasts with fat grafting is an option.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Breast fullness with reduction?

+1

If you want more fullness and you have large breasts, you may just want a lift without reducing the breasts.  Adding an implant later does not make sense.

Wanting more breast fullness with less volume

+1

Many women with larger breasts notice that as they get older, the fullness in the top of the breast diminishes. To restore this, either a breast lift or an implant will suffice. You mention that you would like to be a bit smaller, and I would therefore discourage placement of an implant. The goal is to rearrange the breast tissue you currently have to create the breast you want. Liposuction can reduce the size of a breast but it is best reserved for patients with excellent skin tone and proper nipple position. Performing liposuction followed by placement of an implant doesn't make much sense. Scarring is an issue for any patient, and the scar pattern necessary to reduce your breasts slightly and improve fullness in the upper pole depends entirely on examination of your breasts. It is possible that all you need is an incision around the areola. I recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Addressing Large Breasts with "liposuction and donut lift with implants" is a BAD idea

+1

Regarding: "Can I have breast liposuction and donut lift with implants after?  I am 45 yo,5'4 34D breasts, very nice elastic skin. I've always wanted somewhat smaller breasts with fullness on top. I've recently learned that liposuction is possible in the breasts, and if it works or me it would be ideal because the scarring of traditional reduction was really not a tradeoff I was willing to endure. You can see I have a little indentation on my shoulders and sometimes I get irritation under my breasts. I also want fullness on top. Maybe a small implant after?
"

The primary reason why breasts sag and lack upper pole fullness is because the ration between breast fill (ie gland) and breast envelope (ie Skin) has sifted in favor of skin. There is MORE excess skin and lack of support. The way to fix this anomaly is NOT by removing MORE breast tissue and further widening the anomaly but by removing the excess breast skin needed to restore an attractive ration between fill and envelope.

NOT all breasts can be liposuction. Since LIPOsuction can ONLY suction fat (ie "lipo). Women's breasts consist of BOTH fat and gland tissue. Although the amount of fat increases with age, even middle aged breasts contain a fair amount of gland tissue making liposuction a so-so procedure for truly reducing large breasts.

Suctioning breasts to ? reduce them (to relieve shoulder indentations and under breast irritation), then putting in breast implants to ? partially replace the suctioned volume to get around the absolute need to remove excess breast skin under the false assumption that this operation would provide long lasting upper pole fullness is illogical and sure to fail. Any surgeon performing this operation would have a hard time explaining himself to a board of his colleagues. Worse yet, it would make a subsequent breast correction hard to impossible.

Your BEST option is to have a Short Scar Breast Reduction (Hall-Findlay operation). It would give you a smaller, perkier breast with only a lollipop scar. If that is not acceptable you really should not have anything done.

Dr. Aldea

Don't try to invent your own cosmetic breast operation

+1

Your photo did not appear in the question- but based on your description, you've got relatively large and probably sagging breasts- you need a breast lift with a small reduction. While it is true that liposuction will remove volume from your breasts, and that a small implant will enhance upper breast fullness- the combination you describe will not improve the appearance of your breasts. What you are trading for a much nicer breast shape is a set of scars on your breast that will heal very well in almost everybody. If you're not ready to make that trade, then your'e not ready for a breast lift. Trying to invent an operation to circumvent the relatively minor issue of breast scars is not the best way to think about these very common breast aesthetic issues.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set_body.php?procedure=breast_lift&id=01