Breast Liposuction Coupled with a Circumareolar Reduction? (photo)

I am a 25 year old woman who has been considering a breast reduction for a long time. I have no children and I've never had perky breasts, ever. I'm about 5'2" and weighing about 125lbs. my bra size is a 32DD(but to fit my bras and beat the expense i wear a 34D in Victoria's Secret PINK line) . I would like to be about a B cup, or even a small C. Would breast reduction by smartlipo coupled with a circumareolar lift work? I am trying to avoid the anchor and lollipop scars at ALL costs.

Breast reduction with liposuction

+2

I think there are two important points about your question.  First, liposuction in young patients breasts is usually not as successful.  Most of your breast is firm breast tissue, not fat, so even with smartlipo or ultrasound, it will be very difficult to make your breasts small enough (especially down to a "B" cup).  

Second, a peri-areolar lift can only move up the nipple about 2-4 cm (up to 1 1/2 inches) and keep a nice shape.  If you try to do more, not only will the scar be bad, but the breast will get really flat.  Imagine a drawstring trash bag.  It not only closes, but flattens when you pull it tight.  (Sounds bad, but the visual is helpful). 

With this in mind, I agree you should wait to have a traditional reduction when you are ok with the scars.  Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area with great before and afters and good recommendations from your friends when you're ready.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift combined with liposuction

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique is done leaving only 1 scar around the areola, no vertical, lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions are required.  This technique lifts and reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness and increases cleavage and areola size can be reduced.  Through the same incisions breast tissue can be resected or liposuction can be used.  I never use vertical scars on breast reduction such as boat anchor or lollipop incisions.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Liposuction Coupled with a Circumareolar Reduction?

+1

As a National Smart Lipo Trainer I would highly recommend YOU NOT do this to your breast. SMART LIPO WILL NOT WORK! Only excisional scar reduction will give you the lift and decrease in size. But there is the risk of noticeable scars. 

I would not agree with you.

+1

You appear to be a small reduction, thus the scars could be short. "Smart Lipo" is not the smart thing to do. See an experienced breast reduction surgeon for the best result and avoid lipo and a circumareolar lift -- it won't work well for you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast issues

+1

I would not recommend Smartlipo to reduce the breast volume and a circumareola lift.  I suggest that you either have a formal breast lift and have the incisions( most likely a lollipop) or do not do it all.  A circumareola and liposuction probably will not work well for you.  Of course, a full evaluation in person would be paramount to give you the best options.  Good luck.

Don't have breast reduction if you cannot accept the scars.

+1

Hi.

1)  I think you would have a bad shape with liposuction and circular lift.  Lollipop approach or leave them alone. The breasts cannot be made small enough this way anyway.

2)  Almost invariably, if women love the new shape and size, they completely accept the scars.

3)  Contrary to what you probably think, most people with dark skin make good scars.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Trade off between scars and contour

+1

I also agree. Smartlipo and a periareolar lift will only work well for very small reductions. In order to get the best possible shape, you will have to be willing to accept the trade off of scars for breast size and contour. 

David Greenspun, MD, MSc

Limited Scars for Breast Reduction

+1

I completely agree with Dr Pousti.  He did an excellent job at answering your question.  You will be disappointed with a peri-areolar lift.

Steven Holzman, MD

Breast Reduction with Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, unfortunately, I do not think that breast reduction surgery “by smartlipo coupled with a circumareolar lift” would work well. You will likely be left with a significant amount of loose skin and an unsatisfactory aesthetic result.

I would suggest that you postpone surgery until you are willing to “accept" the scars associated with the operation that will give you the best aesthetic results.  Of course, the trade-off for most patients undergoing breast lifting or reduction surgery are the scars.

At some point, you may be willing to accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.   In the meantime, do not base your selection of surgeon or procedure  on an offer of a “limited scar” procedure; you will  likely be disappointed with the results.