Breast Lipo FOr 19 Y/O With 28JJ Breasts?

I'm a 19 year old with 28jj breasts. I put on weight a few years ago which led to this big size. I have always had bigger breasts than my peers but upon gaining weigh it shot up from 28e whichi was ok with to 28jj. I have lost some weight and have reduced 2 cups. I am seriously considering lipo as I am very afraid to undergo surgery. I have a bad posture from the heavy weight, back and neckaches, scars from underwires poking me and a lot of saggy stretchy skin at the top. Please help

Liposuction Breast Reduction

+1

Hi Heather,

The important considerations are:

1. Is your current breast shape a problem for you? Do you have signiificant stretch marks in your skin? "Yes" to either of these questions would suggest liposuction is not a good option.

2. You could do liposuction, and then if you are unhappy with the results, it would be safe to proceed with an excisional  breast reduction.

Be sure to see a plastic surgeon experienced in liposuction for breast reduction before you make a decision.

Breast Liposuction and Saggy Stretchy Skin

+1

If you have saggy stretchy skin, breast liposuction can be performed, but this will likely result in a deflated breast.   A conventional breast reduction is probably the better choice, but a physical exam will allow for more accurate recommendations.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Of Breasts Rarely Works

+1

If you are currently wearing a JJcup bra, only a breast reduction surgery will give you a satisfactory result.  Even a your age (19) the skin of your breasts will not be able to contract and redrape and the result with lipo alone is likely to be deflated breasts with a great deal of sagging.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Liposuction Candidate?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your breasts have caused for you. Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Most patients with your history and physical examination do not  benefit from liposuction surgery.  Given that you describe your skin as “saggy stretchy skin”,  I would be concerned about skin elasticity  and the ability of the breast skin to bounce back after liposuction surgery.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Keep in mind, that despite popular misconception, liposuction is “surgery” and carries its own potential risk/complications with it.